Silage 2021

O C E bucket grab does a fair job on a pit face.
1D6CF151-3F31-4441-AD58-D0D01F429829.jpeg

O C E bucket grab does a fair job on a pit face.
View attachment 100184

Lovely work , but the operator must a perfectionist with a capital P.

Farmer Phil is having trouble with his Prodig shear bucket . I was disappointed with the build quality of it . I know that it had a middling repair carried.out previously, but still , plate looks light .

Bought a new JCB shear grab in the summer,thought it looked familiar,then green paint started showing 🤔 had a look on line and found it was a badged prodig,it was cheap and has hardox tynes so should be ok,only noticed last week the blades are cast with prodig.🙄

I thought when I saw the video of Phil welding the grab that it wasn’t the first time I’d heard of prodig stuff needing addressing with the glue stick:weld::weld:

Anyone ever done any silage this late in the year? Had someone ring wanting some baling done next week, it wasn't one of the regulars and off a bit of distance so i declined the offer, one of them 'why isn't there someone nearer that could do it'.

Anyone ever done any silage this late in the year? Had someone ring wanting some baling done next week, it wasn't one of the regulars and off a bit of distance so i declined the offer, one of them 'why isn't there someone nearer that could do it'.
Got a snap of a man at pit silage today, using an additive on it but don't know any more

Got a snap of a man at pit silage today, using an additive on it but don't know any more
Got a snap from out west of a silage trailer going across a field which had 30ft swarths waiting there earlier in the week. I thought ppl made plenty from the 1st cut considering how heavy it was

I did some red clover a few years ago with some grass to go with it about 12acre
Turned out okish🤷‍♂️

opened the silage pit today. was from a late heavy first cut, no 2nd cut. took a grab out of it and was like straw, blowing everywhere. my old man said it smelled good. kind of putting in grab of it with a few 1st cut silage bales hoping it might soak up the water running out from the doors on the diet feeder. a tedder was never put to it, had those couple dry days in june and the 20ft rake did the wilting

Back