Silage 2022

where am I thinking the 2 high rule came from? Was it under Reps?

Maybe It's just as well everything is on hardcore here too because God forbid if it was on concrete they'd have you putting in channels and tanks and more reasons to bury money.
Yes it was a REPS rule. Up to now Department had no restriction on height of stack, but there is a rule that if there is seepage from the bales it must be collected, therefore there was a recommendation to only go 2 high if collection of seepage wasn’t possible. As said already, some county councils seemed to have their own rules too

Work had for year`s before buying a rake . Will do the best work in single swarth`s . There biggesst downfall is output . Will take aslong to wuffle a field as it took to cut it compared to a big tedder turning a field in half the time or less
Got access to one and was wondering about the best way to use it this year to speed up the wilting. Can't spread it out as I've nothing to rake it up with again afterwards.
What way would use use it? Mow midday, wuffle evening and then bale following midday? Weather dependent obviously. First cut would always benefit from wuffling, unless scorching weather, correct?

Does anyone here have a swarther/wuffler and use it for drying grass prior to baling?
Couple beside me, 1 man bought his just as we started running a rake & spreading behind the mower, he wold have run it through the spread rows tho he wasn't getting all of it, got his own mower now & bought a tedder, think he traded the wuffler.

Another man has/had one, used it when making haylage to tidy rows after he raked with a single rotor rake for a while but stopped, he now has a twin rotor as well & haven't seen the wuffler used in a good few years, only other one I see used is in straw.

Got access to one and was wondering about the best way to use it this year to speed up the wilting. Can't spread it out as I've nothing to rake it up with again afterwards.
What way would use use it? Mow midday, wuffle evening and then bale following midday? Weather dependent obviously. First cut would always benefit from wuffling, unless scorching weather, correct?
Ideal way to use it . You could even leave it till following morning to give it a run of the wuffler . We used do it both way`s depending on having a .driver . It will also leave you with the nicest swarth to bale .

If your running it after a 10ft conditioner mower or smaller It’ll leave the nicest row ever for a Baler. Had a lad turn raked rows with one last year . They was 30ft of heavy grass n the row . He was delighted with the job but for me driving the Baler it was a disaster. It was lumped and knotted . There’s limited space above the rotor on any make of them wufflers. 30ft of grass is too much to fit through in a nice even flow .
What way does it leave the swart afterwards? Would it leave lumps?

Back