Silage 2022

A gallon of porter will be drank tonight
Snapchat-635429803.jpg

View attachment 109302

If it’s one of these no bother to make one for it . The deflector plate is literally just a a 8” high steel plate that you bolt to the under side of the hood of the mower behind the conditioner . After the grass comes over the conditioner it hits the plate and drops down . John Deere and kuhn both had an option to fit a hydraulic deflector plate . The one that was in work was a home made version.
Is this screw doing anything related to what you are talking about?
Sorry for quality of the underneath photo.

IMG_20220624_201733.jpg
IMG_20220624_201705.jpg

Just checked the manual and we have it set up for a wide swarth. Are you saying it needs to be set up for very wide swarth?

IMG_20220625_133549.jpg

No @redpower you can see the flap in the first pic immediately after/above the conditioner and the handle for adjusting its angle is on the RHS of the mower above the top link for adjusting the angle of the bed.
I tried adjusting the flap you adjusted as well and opened the doors out full width and took the folded pieces bolted low down where it narrows, it made no difference, it needs to be directed Down right after the conditinner or else the grass from the sides gets directed into the middle by angle of the sides of the mower after the conditioner. I half considered making one but thought better of it as knowing my luck it’d end wrappedaround the conditioner!

Attachments

• E93BED3A-110D-49F7-B502-B4A197AA49F9.jpeg
    E93BED3A-110D-49F7-B502-B4A197AA49F9.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 87
  • E7E85830-A81C-4C27-8B5F-35899BA4C6CC.jpeg
    E7E85830-A81C-4C27-8B5F-35899BA4C6CC.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 82
No @redpower you can see the flap in the first pic immediately after/above the conditioner and the handle for adjusting its angle is on the RHS of the mower above the top link for adjusting the angle of the bed.
I tried adjusting the flap you adjusted as well and opened the doors out full width and took the folded pieces bolted low down where it narrows, it made no difference, it needs to be directed Down right after the conditinner or else the grass from the sides gets directed into the middle by angle of the sides of the mower after the conditioner. I half considered making one but thought better of it as knowing my luck it’d end wrappedaround the conditioner!
I made 1 a few years ago in a bit of an afternoon, was a good job but had to take it out again as it fouls the flow of grass going to the grouper, ( which is mostly what that mower does now) can put it back on in a few mins, need someone to slide the pin in but can drop it out on my own.

a bad driver will widen them quite easily!
heard one story once where one farmer was very "picky" to put it nicely. has a laneway to the farm and 2 points of entry to said laneway. 1st is from the road where the entrance was just over 10ft wide and narrowed to 9ft flanked by concrete walls and pillars on one side as some houses are boundsing the lane and the other is either stone walls or that section of the lane was cut into a high part of some shale. the other access is through some fields which the farmer owns and has a wide gate for them by the road join up on a good wide part of the lane after the narrow section. contractor with the 10ft mower turned up and the farmer told him and then gave off telling him to not go through the fields which were gonna be cut anyway and told him to go through the narrow part of the lane. funnily enough the mower was actually stuck in between a rock and a hard place the loader was needed to lift the mower up over the walls. that was the 1st and last time a 10ft mower been down that lane since

Last edited:
Back