slat mats

Have experience of mayo, easifix but i think comfort slat mats ( the green ones) are the job, Better in every way. Bulls however get the odd one up but still better than the others. Keep stock very clean also.

Same here have comfort mats green and swear by them all good as day they went in 4 years later! weanling's do a good thrive on them. Don't find them slippery at all!
Main thing is the comfort on them u just have to walk over them there is a spring in them and very easy cleaned. I found a lot of the black flat mats were not much more comfortable than concrete and also I looked a several sheds and not one I visited had not bits wore and lifted. and two farmers complained as the holes were a lot narrower than slats so got dirty easy. so comfort well worth the few extra euro

have mayo and easyfix wouldn't use mayo again because there to slippy

I know of two lads who have two sheds each. One don in mayo and one done in comfort, both say never again to mayo mats as thsy are to slippy and not as hard wearing either.

Thinking of putting some slat mats in, are comfort slat mats still the best? Would it be alright to just slat mat the back half of the pen for a lying area and leave the front half where the cattle feed as bare concrete slats? This would keep the cost down a bit. What stocking rates work well on slats?

Last edited:
Thinking of putting some slat mats in, are comfort slat mats still the best? Would it be alright to just slat mat the back half of the pen for a lying area and leave the front half where the cattle feed as bare concrete slats? This would keep the cost down a bit. What stocking rates work well one slats?
If you are stocked to capacity you will use up all the space when they are lying down so would really need to matt it all.

Thinking of putting some slat mats in, are comfort slat mats still the best? Would it be alright to just slat mat the back half of the pen for a lying area and leave the front half where the cattle feed as bare concrete slats? This would keep the cost down a bit. What stocking rates work well on slats?
Don't ķnow wich are best but do know a man who matted the creep area only on his slatted shed before wich is what I assume you are thinking off doing. The next year he matted the slats and closed off the creep areas as he was cleaning of the creep area every day and the cattle were filthy dirt.
The year he had the creep are closed off and the slats matted no cleaning off any day and the cattle were very clean

Don't ķnow wich are best but do know a man who matted the creep area only on his slatted shed before wich is what I assume you are thinking off doing. The next year he matted the slats and closed off the creep areas as he was cleaning of the creep area every day and the cattle were filthy dirt.
The year he had the creep are closed off and the slats matted no cleaning off any day and the cattle were very clean
I was thinking more for store cattle

Looking at putting down slat mats for sucklers. Judging by the thread, the general consensus seems to be comfort mats or easyfix. I see easyfix also have a new type smooth sloped mat. Does anyone know anything about how they compare?

Looking at putting down slat mats for sucklers. Judging by the thread, the general consensus seems to be comfort mats or easyfix. I see easyfix also have a new type smooth sloped mat. Does anyone know anything about how they compare?

If your thinking of easyfix might be no harm to get order in soon.was chatting there rep in the north last Thursday whom i know very well.he did say that some products were low in supply at the minute but he didnt say what was.another delievery coming in next fortnight he said.
Its gona be an early winter so ya need to be order early of whoever your buying off

Comfort mat used to have 5 year garauntee but have conveniently changed to 2 years now according to their rep.

I priced a shed here and came to the conclusion that if I spent the equilivent money on building another shed and reducing the stocking density I would be allot better off. Many feet issues are down to diet and composition of the feet

Have the smooth type easy fix here. Much cleaner than standard easy fix mats, but also more slippery. Would rate the comfort mats ahead of them but very pricey

I got the easy fix mats with the rounded profile two year's ago. Find them a good job. I have one particular cow who was always tender on the concrete and nervous of herself. On the mats shes the head honcho.

Have the smooth type easy fix here. Much cleaner than standard easy fix mats, but also more slippery. Would rate the comfort mats ahead of them but very pricey
Lost a bullock on the comfort mats a few years ago, just putting them in and another rose on him, he did the splits and broke a leg badly, happened to be standing across the direction of the mats so the legs just shot out.

If your thinking of easyfix might be no harm to get order in soon.was chatting there rep in the north last Thursday whom i know very well.he did say that some products were low in supply at the minute but he didnt say what was.another delievery coming in next fortnight he said.
Its gona be an early winter so ya need to be order early of whoever your buying off

Yeah I should have been on it sooner. I'll get some quotes this week anyway.

Comfort mat used to have 5 year garauntee but have conveniently changed to 2 years now according to their rep.

That doesn't sound great for a product that is supposed to be a premium.

Yeah if money was no object it would probably be the comfort mats but any of the above are miles ahead of a bare concrete slat under an animal.
I got the easy fix mats with the rounded profile two year's ago. Find them a good job. I have one particular cow who was always tender on the concrete and nervous of herself. On the mats shes the head honcho.

What made you go for them over the easyfix with grips?

Lost a bullock on the comfort mats a few years ago, just putting them in and another rose on him, he did the splits and broke a leg badly, happened to be standing across the direction of the mats so the legs just shot out.

Has that put you off the comfort mats altogether?

We have a few pens done in our biggest shed with easyfix mats. Did them in 2005. The grips wore off them and they became a little rounded but they perform well and with cows, it is noticeably easier on their feet. They are pretty Slippy though. We have another shed done fully with easyfix in 2007 and the grips on them did not wear at all. They are practically as good as the day they went in.

We plan to contact easyfix this week to get a price on doing the rest of the shed. Hoping that we may be able to get the price down a bit by collecting them from them and fitting them ourselves.

Just one of those things. They sound like a great mat
First batch i purchased are still perfect after 5 years. Second batch have 2 winters done with store finishers, with some of these lifting and more going sideways. The response has been very disappointing. I dont mind paying a premium if the product still is a premium product.

We have a few pens done in our biggest shed with easyfix mats. Did them in 2005. The grips wore off them and they became a little rounded but they perform well and with cows, it is noticeably easier on their feet. They are pretty Slippy though. We have another shed done fully with easyfix in 2007 and the grips on them did not wear at all. They are practically as good as the day they went in.

We plan to contact easyfix this week to get a price on doing the rest of the shed. Hoping that we may be able to get the price down a bit by collecting them from them and fitting them ourselves.
Am a big fan of the flat Easyfix with the grips. Have one shed here with the rounded ones and they are very slippy and the hooves slide towards the gaps. Rest have the flat ones with the grips. No noticeable wear anywhere and the newest are in 10 years. Have seen sheds with the green ones that go down over the sides of the slats and they are in ribbons after a few years. If a new build have the concrete along the barrier an inch or so higher than the top of the slats so where they stand is flush with the mat.

Back