Slurry agitator which one ??

Ordered new 7ft super flow should have in in week or so thanks for all yer input
Well wear. What price did you get it for in the end? Nothing beats new. Store it in a shed and will still look new in 20 years. (Yes I know its galvanised)

Well wear. What price did you get it for in the end? Nothing beats new. Store it in a shed and will still look new in 20 years. (Yes I know its galvanised)

4350€ which is best I’ve found might get it better if i looked about. Thats with top fill and all I was quoted 4600 from one dealer. Ye hopefully i will keep it washed after use and store indoors and it’ll be around for awhile.

4350€ which is best I’ve found might get it better if i looked about. Thats with top fill and all I was quoted 4600 from one dealer. Ye hopefully i will keep it washed after use and store indoors and it’ll be around for awhile.
I doubt you will do any better, Gave €3500 for the same spec in 2013.

You'd get funny looks alright, also when you tell lads that slurry is lighter than water.
I knew a man worked at maintenance in the Sugar factory and he said the pumps pumping sludge out to the settlement ponds lasted better than the ones pumping water back . I just presumed that the ones pumping sludge were better made .

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I’ve an nc3000 super as well and for the first time in a long time I keep getting badly blocked with it nearly immediately after dropping it in the tank. Bales were chopped but silage is very dry and the cattle are hoores for pulling it in. Anyways while I was unblocking it I noticed the bearing looks a bit worse for wear some of the rubber on right side of the pic is gone. It vibrates a little but I didn’t think it was too bad. What do ye think would I need a new bearing? Is there a marine bearing you can put in that lasts longer ?
Would the likes of athlone central bearings be the best spot to buy one or is it best to stick to what was on it already I.e an Nc one ?
Many thanks
3DB981F3-9BA7-406F-B160-61742E5C0BDE.jpeg

Had an NC 3000 for a long time, just doing my own work .
I found it good, but it would block a bit, with bale silage.
Changed to a 3800 , it will mix tanks a lot quicker and very rarely blocks .
Easy to get on and off the tractor, any Agitator without a toplink is easier to attach/remove i.m.o.
I'm running it with old 6 cylinder tractors with 90 - 110 hp max.
Managing fine, more power would probably speed up the job, but I usually have bigger tractor towing the tank.

Attachments

• 549A9FC4-C676-4658-881A-339969D36D81.jpeg
    549A9FC4-C676-4658-881A-339969D36D81.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 8F82239E-BACA-41AB-9808-D0660702A5EA.jpeg
    8F82239E-BACA-41AB-9808-D0660702A5EA.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 44
  • 60B696F0-967A-4CEF-8DE3-44A16D4D17B8.jpeg
    60B696F0-967A-4CEF-8DE3-44A16D4D17B8.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 45
Sorry for digging up an old thread but I’ve an nc3000 super as well and for the first time in a long time I keep getting badly blocked with it nearly immediately after dropping it in the tank. Bales were chopped but silage is very dry and the cattle are hoores for pulling it in. Anyways while I was unblocking it I noticed the bearing looks a bit worse for wear some of the rubber on right side of the pic is gone. It vibrates a little but I didn’t think it was too bad. What do ye think would I need a new bearing? Is there a marine bearing you can put in that lasts longer ?
Would the likes of athlone central bearings be the best spot to buy one or is it best to stick to what was on it already I.e an Nc one ?
Many thanks
View attachment 76053
Pictures arnt great but bearing does look to be worn. Its a cheap item maybe €30 so id just buy one wherever they are available at the minute.

How is the new machine going for u bk1991?

Perfect got out most the slurry over past few weeks . The connivence of being able to go at my own pace and not have it all out together was a bonus. The cs94 has no probs driving it either . Key is to have water in tank i found .

Anyone know of these agitators I have posted in another thread but this one may be more suitable. The Wexford natives on here my know something maybe. It’s an interesting concept but does it actually do anything.
https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24331228
New Agitator Design
I think I’ll be changing this year have an nc 3500 for the last 15 years and was going to go for a 3800 nc

With these type agitators with the large type propeller housings the designers seem to have forgotten the dimensions of tank agitation points and the access issues which users face in different farms yards.

Had a cross unit and changed it back for an nc unit. A good bench mark is to see what contractors in the area are using and follow suit.

Stick the nc, the unit you are trading still has residual value.

Anyone know of these agitators I have posted in another thread but this one may be more suitable. The Wexford natives on here my know something maybe. It’s an interesting concept but does it actually do anything.
https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24331228
New Agitator Design
I think I’ll be changing this year have an nc 3500 for the last 15 years and was going to go for a 3800 nc
These are another variant that haven't exactly grabbed the headlines..

Hello new to this ,found the information on here very useful ,I am going buying an agitator and not sure on what make from what I’ve heard redrock and Nc are the best ,I’ve a John Deere 3050 and a Massey 4360

I m looking at buying a newrock superflow at the minute. I ve a fiat 110 90 and 100 90. Would I be better go for the standard model? I m just doing my own work.

Back