small hedge cutter

The hedges we mulched last year have recovered really well. With winter crops and wet weather they had got out of control. He breasted the side of a bounds ditch and it looks well.

+1 on the mulching. I did mulched my hedged for the coppicing measure in glas in 2016. I have lovely thick hedges now that have very even growth in them. It is a great way to rejuvenate hedges.

I have my own hedge cutter and that's what I do!

Same as that. It would be pain steaking having to go in and out and around posts on all of the fencing with the hedgecutter. You'll cover a lot of ground in an hour with the knapsack

Stick it in the back of the jeep 100ml of grazon and tip around in first gear with the hand out the window, it amazing the ground you’d cover with virtually zero effort

Yes it’s a Mf 135. I wasn’t intending cutting hedges just merely under fences where the grass and briars have overgrown. Would still get the contractor in the autumn for the heavy stuff. I’m just trying to escape facing strimmer work to keep fences good throughout the year
Grass takes more power to cut than hedges . 135 45 hp? Might be enough its maybe at the higher end of compact without the fancy gears to eat the power might be good enough but it's something you can ask the salesman about

Stick it in the back of the jeep 100ml of grazon and tip around in first gear with the hand out the window, it amazing the ground you’d cover with virtually zero effort
theres a bracket for them to go on d hitch aswell keeps d smell of sprays out of d jeep

theres a bracket for them to go on d hitch aswell keeps d smell of sprays out of d jeep
Might have to have a look into that and make one, changed to a crew cab with a canopy and was only looking during the week thinking how we are gona do it next year.
I only went for the cheapest on as I allowed with the jeep a few 20ltr drums of clean water in beside it and you’d cover a lot of ground if needed. Even on a quad you could sit 2 on the front rack and it would be better balanced

Might have to have a look into that and make one, changed to a crew cab with a canopy and was only looking during the week thinking how we are gona do it next year.
I only went for the cheapest on as I allowed with the jeep a few 20ltr drums of clean water in beside it and you’d cover a lot of ground if needed. Even on a quad you could sit 2 on the front rack and it would be better balanced
D 1 i know of d drawbar has to be taken off but im sure something could be rigged up that d spray could be taken on and off easily

Been going to make/modify one of these since my double cab went,my idea was to use the mounting for a sprayer or a plastic tub etc...

A lot of our fences are on dykes which are feeding a local river. We have never used sprays because of fear of breaking glas and reps rules. THats why we use stimmers and I was looking at the possibility of a hedger to reduce the work

Been going to make/modify one of these since my double cab went,my idea was to use the mounting for a sprayer or a plastic tub etc...
Not sure which way to go as it’s an l200 with the drop down back window so could sit it in the back and pass the pipe in through handy enough, it’s just filling it in the back of it would be a pain as it’s a long way in... it’s got a jaw type hitch like the one below so would be simple enough to pin something into it

Back