Smart phone mounts

I think your correct, I haven’t got one of them mounts as I have an otter box cover. Love the carbon effect finish but all the pictures show phones without covers.

I had a scoshe magnetic holder in my last car. Came with a thin steel plate I put between the otterbox layers and held it perfectly

Looks like you can get a magnetic plate to stick on the phone, can’t see why you couldn’t stick it to the back of the OtterBox coverC36354E0-57DE-4DE1-B300-526CAAEB290B.png

I have a magnetic holder , works well have a magnet in anything I drive . Have a thin plate on the back of the phone cover . Thicker plate on the phone might work better but it very rarely falls off . Very easy grab the phone and stick it in your pocket and away you go.

Attachments

• 17BEF491-E90C-43EE-A2C4-FF9013B29F68.png
    17BEF491-E90C-43EE-A2C4-FF9013B29F68.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
I have a friend talking about making a small business with agri accessories mounts being its focus. Essentially bespoke mounts for different tractors, all made using CNC plasma, powdercoated and supplied with Ram mount, something like this: https://displaybracket.com/phone-holder-kit-case-ih-afs-pro-700-monitor/

i like the product but i’m having a hard time seeing the business potential, he has the cutting table etc, but would have essentially go and measure up all ‘popular’ tractors and create a website for ordering, he seems to think he’d get 1000 orders a year, if marketed right, i’m not so sure.

furthermore, what are people prepared to pay for something like this? He’s talking of €35 for the bracket and then the ball mount, arm and holder etc would be another €25, €60 seems a lot to pay.

i’m guessing it could be expanded to cover tablet mounts and mounts for other control boxes, but it has a limit. Genuinely interested in people’s thoughts.

I’d pay €25-30, €60 a little on the pricey side for me. I don’t even have a mount for car/plane that costa that much in fairness

I got a phone holder designed for a motorbike for my old 7840 for £5 on amazon before. It had a usb plug in on it for a charger built in it. It clamped on to d door perfectly and done d same job as a ram mount for a fraction of d cost. I plan on getting another for d cx in time
This type?

686CCBE7-ECE0-4A66-918D-D885EF91FCB6.jpeg
I use these,going to replace the original Fendt phone holder with one.

Despite fitting holders in tractors I can’t get used to them,ok if I’m in for a long duration but the amount of times I forget my phone once I’ve got off.😞

I have a friend talking about making a small business with agri accessories mounts being its focus. Essentially bespoke mounts for different tractors, all made using CNC plasma, powdercoated and supplied with Ram mount, something like this: https://displaybracket.com/phone-holder-kit-case-ih-afs-pro-700-monitor/

i like the product but i’m having a hard time seeing the business potential, he has the cutting table etc, but would have essentially go and measure up all ‘popular’ tractors and create a website for ordering, he seems to think he’d get 1000 orders a year, if marketed right, i’m not so sure.

furthermore, what are people prepared to pay for something like this? He’s talking of €35 for the bracket and then the ball mount, arm and holder etc would be another €25, €60 seems a lot to pay.

i’m guessing it could be expanded to cover tablet mounts and mounts for other control boxes, but it has a limit. Genuinely interested in people’s thoughts.
I suppose if he can keep stock levels low and make them fairly quickly to suit demand, its worth a try
I wouldnt like to be filling a shed with them though

He’d be trying to
I suppose if he can keep stock levels low and make them fairly quickly to suit demand, its worth a try
I wouldnt like to be filling a shed with them though
fulfil orders within a week.

Cards on the table, he’s in the UK and wants access to EU market so has asked me if i would be interested in going in on it with him. I’ve said no at this stage but you always wonder if you are letting a good opportunity pass you by.

I think there's a market there alright, some amount of home made brackets around the country bodged together in all sorts of ways, fine in older yokes but they look a show in a modern machine.
Id have thought 50 quid max though off the top of my head and I'd like to be able to state the machine, the appliance and know its going to fit which is an awful lot of variables for the supplier to account for

Just for ‘Research’ i went on to Amazon and bought what looked to be a decent quality holder and related bits.

all bits including postage was €50 and they came from China, so took 3 weeks. Its actually fairly well made.

Attachments

• D41DD8B7-AB51-419B-B445-13BF672DF357.jpeg
    D41DD8B7-AB51-419B-B445-13BF672DF357.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 48
  • F28A42D8-62F0-4155-A973-A573778832BB.jpeg
    F28A42D8-62F0-4155-A973-A573778832BB.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 48
  • B9BC6237-4A62-4EFA-994D-D58D267DFD89.jpeg
    B9BC6237-4A62-4EFA-994D-D58D267DFD89.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 2576C63C-EEE4-4B02-B8D6-0818CD481548.jpeg
    2576C63C-EEE4-4B02-B8D6-0818CD481548.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 48
Just for ‘Research’ i went on to Amazon and bought what looked to be a decent quality holder and related bits.

all bits including postage was €50 and they came from China, so took 3 weeks. Its actually fairly well made.
What about selling the cups “new Holland delivers more” I like them!

With regard to the holder for a fella spending a lot of time in a machine and not up amd down every few minutes I think a good holder is worth the few quid as you can see who is calling etc and not be taking it out or your pocket or have it loose in the cab. Especially now with blue tooth ear pieces. I’d pay a few quid more for a good one that will last and that I know would fit.
bit I’d agree there is probably a price point of 20-30 quid where it would be hard to get sales??? Especially If buying off eBay amd Amazon as hard to differentiate quality amd that’s probably where the masses go for that type of thing.
for comparative purposes I got two different type of holders for iPads for video conferences etc off Amazon for £20 stg each. They are each excellent And I can’t imaging anything more expensive doing the job better

I bought this one back after had seen a friend was after getting one,have it a few months in the tractor, and find it very good,
Had a x grip ram mount one the last year or two but found it a great holder but you needed your two hands to put it in it

i’ll make sure to put one aside for you the next time a box lands.
Fantastic. Someone bought me the cup on the right not knowing the importance difference between ford and Massey. It’s normally in the back of the press and have to resort to the likes of cup on the left for a cup of tae or coffee.

Attachments

• D84C3FF6-5FCB-4F90-8066-491C410B14CC.jpeg
    D84C3FF6-5FCB-4F90-8066-491C410B14CC.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 31
Back