So where is everybody from and how is things?

I'm from east Co Clare. Old reg, high mileage dairy and sheep farmer. Self taught Jack of all trades and......

Hi @massey4517
From the Midlands Co. Laois in Ireland myself. Full time farmer for my sins which consists mainly of finishing bullocks and I dabble in a bit of tillage for a change of scenery.

I'm from east Co Clare. Old reg, high mileage dairy and sheep farmer. Self taught Jack of all trades and......

Best education anyone can get .

Biggest problem this country has , is the ones running the gaffe , didn't learn to tie their own shoelaces themselves .

Is the engine burning any oil yet ,
Rusty patches on the bodywork ?

Former ,almost retired reseeding and general contractor,changed direction towards tourism mostly.
Farming beef/contract rearing in the center of Ireland

Massey4517
I'm from England shire, um born on a farm in Devon, moved to Somerset, did a bit of farming n stuff then did 22 years in the mob then did a bit more farming am now driving the fastest milk vart in the west
And yes the weather here is bloody awful

Happy new year

Hmmpphh.

Just because ye have @nashmach , and his incredible trailer purchasing skills 👌

You wouldn't want to be banking on me with when I'm foolish enough to nd winter finishing cattle and bedding them on straw at that.

Part time farmer, south east Ireland, tillage and store to beef finishing system.

Part time farming in west cork, few dry cattle. Interesting in all things machinery and blue tractors. I do abit of messing/ repairs to my own machinery.

Part time tillage and suckler farmer based outside Carlow town. Last few years tillage area has increased and beef numbers dropped. This suits as it means that I do the majority of the work myself without having to get someone in during calving time.

I'm part time at the spanners, have a few acres with plans to put cattle on when I get the green cert, I do a bit of work for a friend if mine up the roads, tillage and beef enterpirse but mainly the beef side of things, I like to buy old machines in various states of repair, also known to some as scrap, currently own 3 red machines, one of which is a 135 so enough said about my taste in tractor. I'm based in Meath as my name suggests not too far from @Rathbran

I don’t post too often on here. I’m 19 from northwest Ireland. Drive diggers and plant for a living, farming sucklers at home intending to move to more pedigree animals(one can dream:rolleyes:) suffer from addiction to shiny machinery,trucks,farming and hardship 🤣

From West kerry, surrounded by water on 3 sides. Suckler farmer, 40 cows split between spring and autumn calving, selling mostly as weanlings, mix of breeds with alot of parthenaise crosses. Also contracting, running 4 tractors, biggest part of work is baled silage along with slurry and general bits.

Full time tillage and beef finisher from East Cork.
Started out working as a maintenance engineer in pharmaceuticals but the office life wasnt for me. Now farm in partnership with my parents and brother. 99.9% of the work is done by ourselves.
We also dabble our toe the odd time in contracting.

Back