Soil testing

Irishfarminglad

Hi all,

how much is it to get soil test done?

also any recommendations for labs in around Kinnegad/Enfield?

land hasn’t been tested/ in a long long time...

Got a a letter from the co op pushing soil sampling now. Can do it yourself or even get someone on and GPS the hole thing for you.

So they have every bit of info about your farm incl every acre you have, crops, locations etc. No thanks

Ya and no. Think they are trying to get a grips on sustainability within Glanbia area
Lakeland have been doing this for the past few years.
They Will send someone out to take samples of whatever land you want to sample, or pick up samples you have taken yourself, and get them tested.
As an ordinary farmer, I think it's a great service.
Oftentimes I'd have samples taken myself, but the just sit there,because you have to arrange a courier to bring them and arrange payment to the lab.
The service came about because of requests by farmers .The cost is subsidised by the co-op, I think it's €14 per sample all in, charged to your account .

Lakeland have been doing this for the past few years.
They Will send someone out to take samples of whatever land you want to sample, or pick up samples you have taken yourself, and get them tested.
As an ordinary farmer, I think it's a great service.
Oftentimes I'd have samples taken myself, but the just sit there,because you have to arrange a courier to bring them and arrange payment to the lab.
The service came about because of requests by farmers .The cost is subsidised by the co-op, I think it's €14 per sample all in, charged to your account .
Have they started sampling yet @mixed fleet .coloured coded maps will be a good idea showing npk levels in each field

Got a a letter from the co op pushing soil sampling now. Can do it yourself or even get someone on and GPS the hole thing for you.
i got into that scheme last year having signed up at the ploughing , they came took the samples just before christmas working off gps after i gave them the names of the fields , after a few months i got the results back with their own numbers on them meaning i hadn,t a clue which field belonged to the result, any way i got passed from one lad to another before i finally got sorted in october with colour coded maps and fertiliser recomendations which are very good to be fair . i,m going to give them the benefit of the doubt as it was a new project and i think some staff left as well which didn,t help so i,ll get them to do another block this year

i got into that scheme last year having signed up at the ploughing , they came took the samples just before christmas working off gps after i gave them the names of the fields , after a few months i got the results back with their own numbers on them meaning i hadn,t a clue which field belonged to the result, any way i got passed from one lad to another before i finally got sorted in october with colour coded maps and fertiliser recomendations which are very good to be fair . i,m going to give them the benefit of the doubt as it was a new project and i think some staff left as well which didn,t help so i,ll get them to do another block this year
I presume you have to pay for the samples? What's the story with the advice? And the GPS maps who covers that

I presume you have to pay for the samples? What's the story with the advice? And the GPS maps who covers that
yes pay for the samples and i think its a fiver for the gps maps but don,t hold me to that. i,m not even sure if they,ve taken thr money from the milk cheque yet :ohmy:, i pulled out of the bulk tank disease screening and put the money into the soil sampling with them instead

yes pay for the samples and i think its a fiver for the gps maps but don,t hold me to that. i,m not even sure if they,ve taken thr money from the milk cheque yet :ohmy:, i pulled out of the bulk tank disease screening and put the money into the soil sampling with them instead
That disease screening is a waste.we are in a high fluke area and i would be dosing them well.had dung samples done and all was clear.milk sample in spring gave " very high ". When i questioned it i was told that they had been high as some stage.that was yrs ago

That disease screening is a waste.we are in a high fluke area and i would be dosing them well.had dung samples done and all was clear.milk sample in spring gave " very high ". When i questioned it i was told that they had been high as some stage.that was yrs ago
same thing here , if my herd had every disease they said it had they,d be dead by now.

Back