Spherical ball bearing housing/collar/whatever

mfield

Anyone know what the broken collar in the pictures is called? It's split in one place to allow it to expand and take the spherical bearing (also in the pics). I've not had any luck googling. The whole lot then goes into a straight bore.20230114_131314.jpg
20230114_131300.jpg
20230114_131303.jpg

Last edited:
The spherical collar? What is it on?
Give us as much info as you can....................................

It's on a Massey Powerflow header. Rear belt roller bearing. It doesn't sit in a generic block but a carrier that bolts to the header floor. I was hoping that the "adapter" is a generic part but it's looking doubtful now....

This is the carrier. It definitely stops being generic after the adaptor ring.

2113821157_w640_h640_korpus-podshipnika-d28251583.jpg

Whats the model number?ill see if i can log in to agco parts and have a root abiut
Thanks but I've had a look already and you can get the bearing and collar thingy together but not separately. I was hoping the collar was standard, in which case I'd either have identified it by googling or someone on here would have taken one look at it and said "That's a ...".

Feck.

My fault for hammering it out instead of pressing it.

That collar is just the spherical bearing collar I don’t think you can buy them seperate but the whole lot shouldn’t be too dear?

That collar is just the spherical bearing collar I don’t think you can buy them seperate but the whole lot shouldn’t be too dear?
That's exactly what I was thinking until I went looking and couldn't find them together or separate.

Ah it’s different than I thought yours in a bearing in a spherical collar rather than a plain spherical bearing

I figured I'd better do bearing number 3 so I'd know whether I needed 2 collar thingies or just one. Turns our someone got there before me and fitted a larger wider straight bearing, with the same internal diameter, in place of the smaller spherical bearing and the collar. The shaft was modified to take the slightly wider bearing by welding a washer to it. It's not a solution I'm up for - I recon every bit of the limited capacity for alignment afforded by the spherical setup is necessary to avoid metal fatigue and wear.
20230120_224111.jpg
20230120_224023.jpg
Trip to the bearing shop today confirmed that the collar is a manufacturer part rather than something off the shelf.

So I need 2 of these:

381796713_w640_h640_podshipnik-d41716300-ina.jpg

Agco part no D41716300 if anyone has one (or two) lying around.

Attachments

• 20230120_224138.jpg
    20230120_224138.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 6
I figured I'd better do bearing number 3 so I'd know whether I needed 2 collar thingies or just one. Turns our someone got there before me and fitted a larger wider straight bearing, with the same internal diameter, in place of the smaller spherical bearing and the collar. The shaft was modified to take the slightly wider bearing by welding a washer to it. It's not a solution I'm up for - I recon every bit of the limited capacity for alignment afforded by the spherical setup is necessary to avoid metal fatigue and wear.
View attachment 117855
View attachment 117854
Trip to the bearing shop today confirmed that the collar is a manufacturer part rather than something off the shelf.

So I need 2 of these:

381796713_w640_h640_podshipnik-d41716300-ina.jpg

Agco part no D41716300 if anyone has one (or two) lying around.

Back