Sprayer Operator Training

I registered this morning when the weather was so bad. Wasn't hard and got an e mail back straight away. How does the testing of the sprayers work. Do I just bring it somewhere to be tested myself before Nov 2016 or do I have to register the sprayed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are lots of lads around testing sprayers. James carney does it near me but has to be someone nearer to you that does it too. Make sure the sprayer is in good working order before you get it tested. No leaks, good nozzles, pto covered and tie chains, filter in main lid, straight boom etc... As far i know you have till the end of this year to test sprayer, but if you are not using it then i assume you can wait till before you are using it next but if it fails and needs parts then you want to allow a few weeks to source parts and retest.

I registered this morning when the weather was so bad. Wasn't hard and got an e mail back straight away. How does the testing of the sprayers work. Do I just bring it somewhere to be tested myself before Nov 2016 or do I have to register the sprayed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look up under SUD on this site . Sustainable Use Directive .

http://www.pcs.agriculture.gov.ie/sud/equipmentinspectors/

ü Mr KARL BRODERICK BROWNSHILL AVENUE KERNANSTOWN CARLOW CO. CARLOW 087 9154942 087 9154942 KARLBRODERICK@HOTMAIL.COM

ü Mr THOMAS CANNON BALLYMOGUE KILBRIDE CO. CARLOW 085 1325313 085 1325313 PROVINCIALSPRAYERSREPAIRS@GMAIL.COM

ü Mr THOMAS JENKINSON BALLYWILLIAMROE BAGENALSTOWN CO. CARLOW 087 2211237 TOM@FJENKINSON.IE

http://www.pcs.agriculture.gov.ie/sud/equipmentinspectors/

Done day one of the sprayer course today. Few questions for anyone that has done it already . Did ye actually drive the tractor or just have to calibrate the sprayer . Did ye have to buy a ppe kit ( white suit goggles gloves ap3 respirator) so you can be allowed to do the practical test . And last of all who supplied the sprayer .

Done day one of the sprayer course today. Few questions for anyone that has done it already . Did ye actually drive the tractor or just have to calibrate the sprayer . Did ye have to buy a ppe kit ( white suit goggles gloves ap3 respirator) so you can be allowed to do the practical test . And last of all who supplied the sprayer .

Didn't have to drive the tractor and only had to do the calibration on paper, had to wear PPE and demonstrate proper measuring, handling, filling and triple rinsing, sprayer was supplied by a local lad who happened to be on the course.

Didn't have to drive the tractor and only had to do the calibration on paper, had to wear PPE and demonstrate proper measuring, handling, filling and triple rinsing, sprayer was supplied by a local lad who happened to be on the course.

Was it through dairygold you done it . Our lad is expecting us to do a bit of a drive in the tractor mind they also expect some one of the class to provide the tractor and sprayer and a bit of ground to use . Bit rich me think`s .

Was it through dairygold you done it . Our lad is expecting us to do a bit of a drive in the tractor mind they also expect some one of the class to provide the tractor and sprayer and a bit of ground to use . Bit rich me think`s .

Done it through FRS, bit of water in the sprayer for a nozzle variation check, then we added a coffee mixture as chemical, all done standing in the yard.

completed before christmas
tractor & sprayer supplied by on of the lads on the course, think he got the course at half price in return

Was registering there today, they have an interesting provision in the terms and conditions. :eek:

Basically, if they decide to, they can make you retrain/redo the course again after a few years. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMAG5922.jpg
    IMAG5922.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 31
Do spraying contractors have to do a different course or does the same one do farmers and contractors?

Same course for both afaik, however doing the boom sprayer course will only allow you to do knapsack work on your own land, if you want to do contract knapsack work it's a seperate course. Hope I've made sense there.

in the end i supplyed it as i was the nearest to the co op,got nothing off:thumbdown:,nxt course they ran they looked for it again :angry: told them to take a running jump:whistle:

Same course for both afaik, however doing the boom sprayer course will only allow you to do knapsack work on your own land, if you want to do contract knapsack work it's a seperate course. Hope I've made sense there.

Yeah that makes sense, There was a guy telling me you had a separate course to do if you were a contractor but had my doubts about that but didn't know that about the knapsack.

in the end i supplyed it as i was the nearest to the co op,got nothing off:thumbdown:,nxt course they ran they looked for it again :angry: told them to take a running jump:whistle:

You did right, I remember back in 2006 doing my 180 degree JCB digger ticket and I was working on the site with my digger across the road to where we sat our exams. I overheard our instructor ask someone on the phone, who owned the digger across the road, they needed to use a digger for An hour to test a each of us for our exam. Up steps myself and said to him come outside and we'll arrange something. 5 mins later back I come into classroom having negotiated my €400 fee for my ticket down to €250. Those lecturers had some common sense, we all like to play ball fairly.
MF30

That's it yep, a lot of the content is similar enough anyway.

Is this course time limted or will it run for good just not as often as the first year or so?
Is there a need to do a refresher sourse in 5 years time?

Is this course time limted or will it run for good just not as often as the first year or so?

So far anyway once you have it done thats it but give them time and I bet it'll become an annual or bi annual thing. Handy money to be made, same as the CPC nonsense truckers have to do.

Will be a refresher course every 5 years I recon . Have to do a refresher course every 5 yrs in the uk as far as I know .

Will be a refresher course every 5 years I recon . Have to do a refresher course every 5 yrs in the uk as far as I know .
Ye ,thats were i'd be more familiar with rules and regs of, never mind another loads of red tap in Noroso and the like :whistle:.

In the registeration process you have to tick a box undertaking to do follow up courses. 'Nuff said.

Back