spraying docks

gone

hurler or binder are shorter withdraw i think..
would a half rate be a runner and get them all in the aftergrass again.
I think you would need full rate, but yes Reaper/Binder etc. would be a good option IMO.
I prefer do them every spring for a couple of years rather than spraying again later in the summer/autumn, but that is just my preference.

headcase

Very Senior Member
I think you would need full rate, but yes Reaper/Binder etc. would be a good option IMO.
I prefer do them every spring for a couple of years rather than spraying again later in the summer/autumn, but that is just my preference.
i find it better to spray them after 2nd cut
2 cuts to weaken the plant and get them all at the same growth stage then nuke em

mixedbag

Later in the season is actually a good time to spray docks as the plant is channeling its resources down into the root for the winter so you get a better root kill than when all the energy is being directed to a seed head

Danielk

i sprayed my hay ground with pastor trio for the last 3 or 4 years around mid April after the fertilser was out. This year I didn’t have to spray any of it. No sign of any docks or thistles or netttles in it.

headcase

Very Senior Member
i sprayed my hay ground with pastor trio for the last 3 or 4 years around mid April after the fertilser was out. This year I didn’t have to spray any of it. No sign of any docks or thistles or netttles in it.
Bear in mind this is a weird year weather wise,everything is a month behind

eddie86

Lads what do ye use as a sticker for spraying rushes? Anyone used diesel or how much do you add?