spraying docks

I used eagle once but i didn't think it worked great but maybe it was the timing or the mixing. I'd prefer liquid sprays more user friendly for me anyway
I find Eagle very inconsistent when used on its own, the addition of MCPA seems to vastly improve the reliability of it. I often wonder would Sulphate of Ammonia and or Kantor do the same, but MCPA adds a bit on other weeds so will stick with it till it is banned.

Well its good to hear someone had the conclusion as it and prospect are sold by some as the silver bullet for clover safe dock control
I find Eagle very inconsistent when used on its own, the addition of MCPA seems to vastly improve the reliability of it. I often wonder would Sulphate of Ammonia and or Kantor do the same, but MCPA adds a bit on other weeds so will stick with it till it is banned.

Well its good to hear someone had the conclusion as it and prospect are sold by some as the silver bullet for clover safe dock control
Found the same with eagle, sprayed half a field here with it and if anything docks increased. Haven’t used it since. Used pasture pack on ground last year and did some here on Saturday with it and docks are wilting back within 24hrs. Seems to have given good control on the ground I covered last year and I’d say it might have been cut a bit soon after spraying for my liking

Does the MCPA not kill clover, I thought it would.

What about nu46 lads suitable for docks . Sprayed docks last week for a lad used dioweed50 and he said he had a drum of nu46 . Found it in the shed unopened. Thinks he got it for rushes .

What about nu46 lads suitable for docks . Sprayed docks last week for a lad used dioweed50 and he said he had a drum of nu46 . Found it in the shed unopened. Thinks he got it for rushes .
U46 is 50% MCPA, it does very little on docks on its own, but for some reason seems to help get the Eagle into the docks, causing the Eagle to work better.
MCPA is good on thistles and rushes and will suppress nettles.

I used MCPA on “flaggers” or yellow flag iris got a very good kill nothing else seems to kill them.

I been using pastor trio last three years. For hay fields that three years ago had plenty of docks and nettles they have been cleared up to no end. We debated if we would spray the grass at all this year and decided we would. Reckon there will be next to none in it next year.

I been using pastor trio last three years. For hay fields that three years ago had plenty of docks and nettles they have been cleared up to no end. We debated if we would spray the grass at all this year and decided we would. Reckon there will be next to none in it next year.
The ground is not as hungry when the docks are gone. A few cans of spray are the cheapest grassland tools you'll ever buy

Anyone use the dock box from Hygeia. Hygras and hyflux mixed.
https://www.hygeia.ie/product/the-dock-box
Normally spray with just hygrass here and just wondering if the addition of fluroxypyr with the hygrass would be beneficial or would it be too severe on the grass? Looking to clean meadows of docks and some nettles

thanks in advance

Did you roll them first to break the stem or anything
We rent some land that was pretty much full of flaggers they were waist high in places and thistles I just went to spray the thistles and ended up killing all the flaggers didn’t roll them didn’t use a sticker it was even a bit windy. Serious job. Have used roundup with a wiper before and that definitely wasn’t as good.
All the neighbours are using it on their flaggers now, some of them told me u can’t kill them.
Cus I had the booms up so high i was able to spray bunches of briars aswell they died too.

What's the thinking for dandelions then lads? Have one field here gone to hell with them this spring.

What's the thinking for dandelions then lads? Have one field here gone to hell with them this spring.
Lupo seems to work well but you need to hit them before flowering so it’s about a month too late for it. About €12 per acre.

I think if you have a bad infestation of docks you may accept that the clover is going to be killed and use a good dock spray.

You'd wonder somtimes though would you ever get rid of them

Sprayed on Friday around lunch with pasture pack, or in otherwords 2.5ltr thrust and 1ltr tandus per ha, had knocked the heads off most of the dandelions and chickweed was bending over by yesterday afternoon.
E680CD28-759E-409F-8732-F3AB3D0159BC.jpeg
These got a slap of grazon yesterday about 4ish you could see the tops starting to turn down a little within half an hour
8A39BE11-2A59-4151-94A9-8E602B8638E8.jpeg

Back