spraying docks

MCPA @ 2.7L/Ha
Hurler/Reaper/Binder @ 2L/Ha
They can be mixed.
Do you have clover?
I use MCPA mixed with Eagle and find it works well at this time of year it and it is clover safe.
As for what area your sprayer will cover, how long is a piece of string, what speed are you driving at, what nozzles are you using and what pressure is the sprayer set to?

What do make of the reasoning (as was put to me when I went out with a MCPA/Fluroxypyr mix) that the MCPA will damage the docks above the ground and result in the Hurler/Eagle not being taken down into the roots?

What do make of the reasoning (as was put to me when I went out with a MCPA/Fluroxypyr mix) that the MCPA will damage the docks above the ground and result in the Hurler/Eagle not being taken down into the roots?
I find that the MCPA seems to get the Eagle into the Dock leaves much better than just Eagle on it's own.
The guy I spray that mix for had very very dirty paddocks close to his yard, with nettles thistles and alsorts.
Maybe a good wetter with the Eagle may work as well, but this mix just works.

I got Fluroxypyr from a new supplier during the week, it was sent by courier and in the box was a couple of prayers stapled to the invoice. Definitely a first for me anyway, gave them to my mother and she thought it a great idea.....

I thought it very odd, next day delivery so I was happy, gave the mother a few extra prayers to say and she was happy.
waiting over a week here, did get an email saying items were out of stock why TF cant companies keep their websites updated?

waiting over a week here, did get an email saying items were out of stock why TF cant companies keep their websites updated?
Ordered Monday came Tuesday, got a email looking for id and one of my blank invoices to verify my vat number. Thought it very quick. Only reason I bought of them was my usual man couldn’t get Fluroxypyr this year I’m not sure of the reason, he mentioned something about a license, don’t know how true that was.

Docks sprayed on Tuesday got a great kill already. Only problem was that there were a lot more docks than I thought so a second drum of dockstar pro went on today and I even had enough to cover some of the pasture. Planning to spray late meadows that we are buying by the bale with dock spray and mcpa on Monday next.
IMG_20210522_150520.jpg
IMG_20210522_150806.jpg

Docks sprayed on Tuesday got a great kill already. Only problem was that there were a lot more docks than I thought so a second drum of dockstar pro went on today and I even had enough to cover some of the pasture. Planning to spray late meadows that we are buying by the bale with dock spray and mcpa on Monday next. View attachment 92011View attachment 92012

What's with the Maxxum?

Docks sprayed on Tuesday got a great kill already. Only problem was that there were a lot more docks than I thought so a second drum of dockstar pro went on today and I even had enough to cover some of the pasture. Planning to spray late meadows that we are buying by the bale with dock spray and mcpa on Monday next. View attachment 92011View attachment 92012
Is that on meadow ground?
Have some docks in meadow ground here aswell as a few rushes in a couple of spots.
Is it ok to spray for docks and rushes in the one mix?

What's with the Maxxum?

We have a small business and we bought a wee digger last September. The nature of the contract is that the digger can't stay on site and has to be brought on and off as required which most often is late at night, early in the morning or at the weekend. We were paying a lad to move it for us, but he let us down once or twice so we were on the look out for a tractor that would do the farm work and be capable of pulling 8 ton. Had been following what a lot of lads were posting on here about tractors and was hoping to have something fresh at this stage.

But things change. Recently we got the opportunity to buy some land and we are in the middle of that at the moment. Tractor budget went out the window, but a relation who works with us came across this maxxum 5130 with someone that he knew. It has 6500 hours and was minded well. It will get us by for a year or two when we might be able to trade both it and the ford to buy something a bit fresher. Its a big and slow old dog, but its very safe with a load and it came at the right price.

Is that on meadow ground?
Have some docks in meadow ground here aswell as a few rushes in a couple of spots.
Is it ok to spray for docks and rushes in the one mix?
Yea. It was ground that was grazed late. Plan to cut it in 4 to 5 weeks. See the previous page in this thread where I asked about mixing rush and dock spray :thumbup::thumbup:

We have a small business and we bought a wee digger last September. The nature of the contract is that the digger can't stay on site and has to be brought on and off as required which most often is late at night, early in the morning or at the weekend. We were paying a lad to move it for us, but he let us down once or twice so we were on the look out for a tractor that would do the farm work and be capable of pulling 8 ton. Had been following what a lot of lads were posting on here about tractors and was hoping to have something fresh at this stage.

But things change. Recently we got the opportunity to buy some land and we are in the middle of that at the moment. Tractor budget went out the window, but a relation who works with us came across this maxxum 5130 with someone that he knew. It has 6500 hours and was minded well. It will get us by for a year or two when we might be able to trade both it and the ford to buy something a bit fresher. Its a big and slow old dog, but its very safe with a load and it came at the right price.
Sounds like an atm removal business :flappytounge:

You're a busy man @muckymanor ill say that for you. No time to stand still. Best of luck with the business and land purchase

R these too strong to spray? Grass prob 7wks shook but crop poor enough will probably give it another 2wks an c if bulks up a bit n the heat🤞🏻🤠

Attachments

• 0049E4EE-7E7F-4A8C-B2FF-4BD9A4DB56E8.jpeg
    0049E4EE-7E7F-4A8C-B2FF-4BD9A4DB56E8.jpeg
    362.8 KB · Views: 150
  • D6E16ECC-B223-47AB-8AEF-16A7113A8BDA.jpeg
    D6E16ECC-B223-47AB-8AEF-16A7113A8BDA.jpeg
    500.9 KB · Views: 139
R these too strong to spray? Grass prob 7wks shook but crop poor enough will probably give it another 2wks an c if bulks up a bit n the heat🤞🏻🤠
Not in my opinion, but some products have a 3 week withdrawal period.

Back