spraying docks

hurler or binder are shorter withdraw i think..
would a half rate be a runner and get them all in the aftergrass again.
I think you would need full rate, but yes Reaper/Binder etc. would be a good option IMO.
I prefer do them every spring for a couple of years rather than spraying again later in the summer/autumn, but that is just my preference.

I think you would need full rate, but yes Reaper/Binder etc. would be a good option IMO.
I prefer do them every spring for a couple of years rather than spraying again later in the summer/autumn, but that is just my preference.
i find it better to spray them after 2nd cut
2 cuts to weaken the plant and get them all at the same growth stage then nuke em

Later in the season is actually a good time to spray docks as the plant is channeling its resources down into the root for the winter so you get a better root kill than when all the energy is being directed to a seed head

i sprayed my hay ground with pastor trio for the last 3 or 4 years around mid April after the fertilser was out. This year I didn’t have to spray any of it. No sign of any docks or thistles or netttles in it.

i sprayed my hay ground with pastor trio for the last 3 or 4 years around mid April after the fertilser was out. This year I didn’t have to spray any of it. No sign of any docks or thistles or netttles in it.
Bear in mind this is a weird year weather wise,everything is a month behind

Lads what do ye use as a sticker for spraying rushes? Anyone used diesel or how much do you add?

Spraying docks for a dairy farming neighbour.
IMG_20220505_104835.jpg
IMG_20220505_104849.jpg
IMG_20220505_112138.jpg

Well lads. I'm looking to broadcast white clover on a 6 acre field this summer. Cattle doing the 2nd graze on it at the moment and will be closing it for silage in a few days. Its got lots of docks so will be going with Doxstar in about 3 weeks when they're at right stage. Will be cutting about 4 weeks after that then. Plan was to broadcast the clover straight after cutting and graze tight for rest of the year then. Think that's enough time between spray and clover?? Assuming normal moisture levels/ growing conditions.

Well lads. I'm looking to broadcast white clover on a 6 acre field this summer. Cattle doing the 2nd graze on it at the moment and will be closing it for silage in a few days. Its got lots of docks so will be going with Doxstar in about 3 weeks when they're at right stage. Will be cutting about 4 weeks after that then. Plan was to broadcast the clover straight after cutting and graze tight for rest of the year then. Think that's enough time between spray and clover?? Assuming normal moisture levels/ growing conditions.
Label says 6 weeks after spraying.

Going doing a bit of dock spraying here now too, just waiting on the sprayer to fill, getting another dose of Hurler, bad year for docks here

After running the big bullocks through a paddock and hadn't realised how bad the docks had been before I sent them out. What's the best course of action here? Spray them immediately?

I have about 3-4 paddocks ahead of this all similar. Wondering if I should use the paddocks and spray after?

Is there a good time of year for spraying? Also: should I top these now or just leave it as it is and get the f***ers with the spray whenever?
1657997051132.png
1657997068354.png

After running the big bullocks through a paddock and hadn't realised how bad the docks had been before I sent them out. What's the best course of action here? Spray them immediately?

I have about 3-4 paddocks ahead of this all similar. Wondering if I should use the paddocks and spray after?

Is there a good time of year for spraying? Also: should I top these now or just leave it as it is and get the f***ers with the spray whenever?
View attachment 110492View attachment 110493
Think put the cattle back on it and top if afterwards. Then try get the docks.

Back