Spraying tips

As a reasonably new sprayer driver doing 24 28 30 and 36 metre spraying does any of the more experienced people here have any tips? Always looking to learn

Mounted or trailed?

Reverse into corners for herbicides.

Keep boom at right height over crop usually 50cm

If using rate controller or even in manual make sure you are not driving too fast forcing sprayer to operate at too high pressure and producing too fine a spray mist. Know your nozzle chart application rates.

In advanced crops where the tractor is damaging crop between wheels skip every second tramline so you always drive in same direction on headlands.

If using auto section control make sure to turn off sprayer before heading out the gate 😀😀

Rinse lids for cans without seals.

Drive over empty cans with lids off when storing empties.

Hopefully you’ll get many more here

I use a Berthoud trailed sprayer, I fitted a mirror next to where I have the sprayer control box on my right hand side.It is positioned so I can see the left side of the boom while I am facing the the right side of the boom. It is a huge advantage when levelling the boom because I can see both sides of the boom without having to turn around.

I want to get on and spray Deecis (flea beetle) and foliar Boron on my swedes.
Trouble is the leaves, whilst mainly dry, have lots of droplets on them. And no breeze to knock them off.

Should I crack on?

I want to get on and spray Deecis (flea beetle) and foliar Boron on my swedes.
Trouble is the leaves, whilst mainly dry, have lots of droplets on them. And no breeze to knock them off.

Should I crack on?
Yes.
If you have a drop of spray oil to add it will help, if there is cheap frying oil in the kitchen steal it and it will work, sunflower or rape oil best.

Back