Spraying under fences

bmo

Evening all . I got a few ditches and banks with overgrown hedges cleaned up over the winter. I have electric fence up and it is a grand job . I usually use grazon 90 under fences but can anybody recommend a stronger spray to stop briars and shrubs growing back or do you think grazon will do the job ok . Diggerman did a great job but there is a lot of bits of briars and shoots of bushes ready to grow when it heats up a bit ?

A drop of diesel can be rather effective however there's quite a few legislative and environmental issues with that methid?

terbel i get a great kill on briars furze nettles i think it was about 40 euro/ liter to make 90 liters

Thanks lads . Be grand to keep it clean. Is that Terble a selective herbicide jd

ya only thing left standing is the grass same as grazon 90 but i feel we get a better kill on the wood type stuff

Terbel and Grazon 90 are the same thing. I get great results when I mix either with a Glycophosphate , even my REPS inspector thought so. Use plenty of water.

Terbel and Grazon 90 are the same thing. I get great results when I mix either with a Glycophosphate , even my REPS inspector thought so. Use plenty of water.

If you do that under fences you will kill everything leaving it open for every kind of rubbish to grow, best to use Grazon 90 and leave the grass.

If you do that under fences you will kill everything leaving it open for every kind of rubbish to grow, best to use Grazon 90 and leave the grass.

+1. There are two men within a mile of me, who in another couple of weeks will burn the bejasus out of the banks of their roadside hedges with Roundup, an awful looking catostrophy. The bit of grass looks so much better.

I band spray roundup around the edges of my lawns and along walls and after a few years almost nothing grows . What kills Ivy and did anybody see the gadget for going on chainsaws to cut ivy without damaging trees .

I band spray roundup around the edges of my lawns and along walls and after a few years almost nothing grows . What kills Ivy and did anybody see the gadget for going on chainsaws to cut ivy without damaging trees .

Ivy is easily killed if you can get the chemical (glyphosate is best) past the waxy leaf barrier. The only advice I've seen is to bruise the leaves with something and then spray them.

Ivy is easily killed if you can get the chemical (glyphosate is best) past the waxy leaf barrier. The only advice I've seen is to bruise the leaves with something and then spray them.

I suppose if you were cutting it from trees or walls it would be possible to put a rub of a strong mix on the cut end and it should be absorbed.

Evening all . I got a few ditches and banks with overgrown hedges cleaned up over the winter. I have electric fence up and it is a grand job . I usually use grazon 90 under fences but can anybody recommend a stronger spray to stop briars and shrubs growing back or do you think grazon will do the job ok . Diggerman did a great job but there is a lot of bits of briars and shoots of bushes ready to grow when it heats up a bit ?

We use some thing called blaster on brambles and such like,,, it's fairly effective,, might no do the grass much good though,,:thumbdown:

a neighbour told me to use warm water roundup and a dish washer tablet to break the wax on the leaf i have not tried it yet

I went around under some of the electric fences here last year with MCPA and roundup mixed together and I see nothing has grown back yet.

This reminds me I need to warn someone who goes wild with some concoction of Grazon, Brushwood and Roundup :what::what::what::o

(Not my Dad by the way), all you need is a dribble along where the wire goes.

a neighbour told me to use warm water roundup and a dish washer tablet to break the wax on the leaf i have not tried it yet

Did he cunningly notice that when he threw Roundup into the dishwasher no ivy grew back? :D

Lads anyone got the attachment for spraying under fences . Or rather made up there own . Looks to be you only need 2 nozzles and a bit of pipe .

I just put a battery in with it for handyness.
IMG_20200512_095523.jpg
IMG_20200512_095517.jpg

Back