Spring Barley - General Thread

MF30

Have seen fields of SB today shot out. Bit early I thought. My Gangway being a late variety has nothing showing yet.

FIAT 450

Going to pick up spray today to do the flag leaf. Might get to it next Monday or Tues ground you would scarcely travel it at the moment

Masseyrk662

What rate of terpal do ye go with on spring barley usually ? This will be my first year using it, putting it on this I was thinking 1 litre per hectare, it got CCC at tillering

Attachments

• E645A03D-18A9-4D48-A62B-67E812681181.jpeg
    E645A03D-18A9-4D48-A62B-67E812681181.jpeg
    589.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 96B90C75-22BA-4C83-8D03-20DA2114C210.jpeg
    96B90C75-22BA-4C83-8D03-20DA2114C210.jpeg
    626.1 KB · Views: 39

nashmach

There is very little spring barley down here that needs it this terpal, it’s all quite poor, I’d be guessing half tonne plus back on other years.

I thought it was just me, I'm trying to keep away from the SB ground as much as possible not to annoy myself.

Thankfully I've the winter oats beside the yard!

Most crops sown around Patrick's week/week after are decent and shooting now but anything else is poor and I've heard the closer you go to the coast to the worse it is.

AYF

When is it too late for growth regulator on barley?
(Answers worded for total novices like me please!!)
Sprayer man has just been in giving it herbicide and fungiside nd phoned me asking why it hasn't had growth reg as it's the biggest crop he's seen this year. And a bit concerned it will fall flat!!!
Drilled 11th April
Its shot up something unreal in the last two weeks.
Laureate variety

WestCorkBoy

When is it too late for growth regulator on barley?
(Answers worded for total novices like me please!!)
Sprayer man has just been in giving it herbicide and fungiside nd phoned me asking why it hasn't had growth reg as it's the biggest crop he's seen this year. And a bit concerned it will fall flat!!!
Drilled 11th April
Its shot up something unreal in the last two weeks.
Laureate variety
Terpal can go on before the awns start to emerge.