Spring Barley - General Thread

I finished spring barley during the week, Laureate seed did 3.6t and Planet range was 2.8 to 3.6, a few fields had poor headlands despite spending time to get them right. All passed for malt/distilling. I started yield mapping so the results are interesting. Glanbia winter oats only harvest Tuesday, no results yet but not expected to be 3.5t. I've harvest barley as low as 2.4t locally.

God! this weather we’re getting is making life easy. Another two days and we should be finished cutting and baleing. Demand for straw seems to be increasing as we approach the finish of the harvest.
Unreal.
Moved to our last block of sb this morning. 20acres of sw after that and beans then whenever they are fit.
Baling should be wrapped up by Tuesday.
This kind of weather makes it so much easier to plan out a few days in advance.

For awhile it looked like we were going be under serious pressure to get everything done. I had a 3rd child in mid July and then end of july my brother contracts C19 and passed it onto me. More or less full shutdown work wise. Worker isolating at home. Brother knocked out with C19 and I couldn't leave herself cause we were isolating too and couldn't bring help in.

The weather dictates so much in this game and this dry spell has eased a lot of pressure.
Everyone is fit and healthy again btw and driving on to get finished.

God! this weather we’re getting is making life easy. Another two days and we should be finished cutting and baleing. Demand for straw seems to be increasing as we approach the finish of the harvest.
Kinda lucky here we had some bales left from last year. the increasing demand isn't helping with the low yields. We had about 7 bales to the acre but then again it's the 1st year in a while to have nice solid bales

Back