Spring Barley - General Thread

diesel power

Does it really leave residues like that? I'm surprised to hear that for any sprays applied at the right timing.

Better give up chewing barley to test the moisture!
Apparently it can be detected alright. It's banned and shouldn't be around even in microscopic quantities.

drew

Does it really leave residues like that? I'm surprised to hear that for any sprays applied at the right timing.

Better give up chewing barley to test the moisture!
If the mushy lads are able to detect certain sprays in the straw surely it’s possible that they could detect it in the grains too?

kverneland es 80

the boys across the water may have issues too ,taken from another forum
CTL can be detected on grain down to quite low levels as our wheat is tested for it and the contract we grow it under doesn't allow us to use CTL in our fungicide program. That said that only shows whether it is present or not, not the date it was applied. The test costs quite a lot of money as well I believe so I doubt they are going to start testing wheat in every grainstore this harvest. I would imagine the only problem that might arise is if you still have cans of CTL in the chem store when the Red Tractor inspector comes round.

Rebelman

the boys across the water may have issues too ,taken from another forum
CTL can be detected on grain down to quite low levels as our wheat is tested for it and the contract we grow it under doesn't allow us to use CTL in our fungicide program. That said that only shows whether it is present or not, not the date it was applied. The test costs quite a lot of money as well I believe so I doubt they are going to start testing wheat in every grainstore this harvest. I would imagine the only problem that might arise is if you still have cans of CTL in the chem store when the Red Tractor inspector comes round.
I would think that if ctl is detected in the grain a person would be in trouble regardless because it might not know the exact date of application but seeing as it was banned before the growing season started it would be obvious that it was applied since then.

Reactions: Paw

Bog Man

What would you do with grain that was deemed to contain CTL . It would be a disaster to deal with as it would be unsaleable.

jcb411abuser

Sprayed the barley off 10 days ago, it's flat on the ground here and it's not likely to dry much more. It feels pretty wet. Would crimping be the best option for it or is it too late to crimp?

FIAT 450

O
Looks to be doing an okay job. Would you get more mixing by running at a slight angle?
[/QUOTE
I got a bigger heavier set of triple k points that have two holes in them and they worked better and I also swapped about the legs since that pic and she was doing a better job. If all the legs were on in a single row she only dragged the straw but was able to zig zag them between the front and the back while still getting the same spacings as if they were next to each other and she allowed the trash though easily. When you say a different angle, shorten lengthen the toplink?

FIAT 450

@FIAT 450 this. Would help uproot the stubble and avoid an undisturbed line of stubble helping it break down quicker. Good to hear you found some alternative points
Ya in the other fields I ran it to the opposite ditch to the one it was sowed, just in that field it was sowed parallel to work out for the sprayer as the field was divided between two crops. Was in one of the fields that was grubbed and the volunteers were up and growing. Ya they made a bigger difference now