Spring Barley - General Thread

Do you continue to agitate while on the road with the sprayer? I have only short distance(less than a mile) but turn off PTO.
Yes, I'd keep engine revs below 1500 rpm, a few miles would get me where I'm going. Chemicals would be only added in when tank is nearly full as sprayer is gravity filled.

Took a few pics of putting Combitop into the sprayer with the induction hopper.
I up the pressure to about 4bar, turn on the lower rinsing circuit and the tap at the bottom of the hopper, pour in the Combitop, each bag takes about 40 seconds to be taken in.
20210526_161530.jpg20210526_161543.jpg20210526_161634.jpg20210526_161703.jpg

Picture 1 and 2 plough vs min till in the same field, rolled post sowing (March 23) Pic 3 and 4 sown 2 days later, rolled post emergence. Last pic was sown a week later (March 31) hope to finish fungicide tomorrow morning before the rain. Anyone using moddus etc in expectation of soft growth with a rise in temperature?

Attachments

• DSC_0339.JPG
    DSC_0339.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0341.JPG
    DSC_0341.JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0347.JPG
    DSC_0347.JPG
    389 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0346.JPG
    DSC_0346.JPG
    369.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0344.JPG
    DSC_0344.JPG
    380.6 KB · Views: 57
Picture 1 and 2 plough vs min till in the same field, rolled post sowing (March 23) Pic 3 and 4 sown 2 days later, rolled post emergence. Last pic was sown a week later (March 31) hope to finish fungicide tomorrow morning before the rain. Anyone using moddus etc in expectation of soft growth with a rise in temperature?
Talking to a friend today who was putting on medax max onto planet

Have CCC to go on barley here but It's gone past it almost now so skipping that.

T1 and weeds in one go in the next few days, not ideal but the way it went weather wise.

Expecting a big growth spurt after tomorrow!

Is pic 1 ploughed and pic 2 min till?
That's what it seems to me with the more even crop in pic 2 and the wheel tracks in pic 1. Nothing wrong with either. Looks well.

Is pic 1 ploughed and pic 2 min till?
That's what it seems to me with the more even crop in pic 2 and the wheel tracks in pic 1. Nothing wrong with either. Looks well.
Thanks, yes pic 1 was ploughed and 2 is min till. I'm happy with them, the field from pictures 3&4 is disappointing, not having rolled is a factor I'd say, I press while ploughing and press and sow. Perhaps I'm going to have to run a cultivator through it. The dry weather post sowing is becoming more common.

Thanks, yes pic 1 was ploughed and 2 is min till. I'm happy with them, the field from pictures 3&4 is disappointing, not having rolled is a factor I'd say, I press while ploughing and press and sow. Perhaps I'm going to have to run a cultivator through it. The dry weather post sowing is becoming more common.
I missed a few spots with the roller turning in tight corners and the likes and the crows went to town on these spots.
A plough press and another press before sowing should be more than enough.

Have CCC to go on barley here but It's gone past it almost now so skipping that.

T1 and weeds in one go in the next few days, not ideal but the way it went weather wise.

Expecting a big growth spurt after tomorrow!
I got roughly half my sb done on Thursday. Weeds T1 and CCC all in the same mix. The other half may wait until things dry out. Clay type soils that are slow to soak and there in pure shite, well they were in shite on Thursday. They must be like slurry today. I'm not to concerned as such. They were a week later getting sown so I've a few days before it'll be gone to late for the ccc.
It's gone very close outside now, you'd be sweating standing still almost but grass is lifting it out of it with growth. A field I took cattle off only yesterday has fresh grass on it already. Crops will as you say take off now.

Interested in your views on what you think of the Microtop.
I think I need Boron but Microtop is way less available over here than Combitop.
First time ive used it, Mixed easy enough bar slow . 125kgs in 2300l of water-12 hectare
I thought I was having plain Epsom salts but microtop turned up
Agro said it was a slight bit dearer
But theres 1%boron and 1%mang in it
I think I'll carry on with the microtop for this year and I am going to try some on the beet too with extra boron I think🤷‍♂️

First time ive used it, Mixed easy enough bar slow . 125kgs in 2300l of water-12 hectare
I thought I was having plain Epsom salts but microtop turned up
Agro said it was a slight bit dearer
But theres 1%boron and 1%mang in it
I think I'll carry on with the microtop for this year and I am going to try some on the beet too with extra boron I think🤷‍♂️
I use their Combitop which is Epsom salts with 4% Mn and 1% Zn.
Keep us posted on what you think of the Microtop.

Liquid manganese label says avoid spraying in intense sunlight, very bright at times but plenty of cloud too, any thoughts ?

Liquid manganese label says avoid spraying in intense sunlight, very bright at times but plenty of cloud too, any thoughts ?
No spraying should be done in very bright sunlight.
The Aircon should never have to be turned on if it is too hot to sit in the cab, then it is too hot and bright to spray, I will start back spraying this evening around 5pm. Too hot and bright here now for spraying, but lovely.

No it’s just your favourite trace element headland Novojett 🤣 ya I’m put off now it’s a lot hotter than I thought, of course everyone wants to bale “this evening” I’ll spray around 9 this eve if there’s no heavy dew

No it’s just your favourite trace element headland Novojett 🤣 ya I’m put off now it’s a lot hotter than I thought, of course everyone wants to bale “this evening” I’ll spray around 9 this eve if there’s no heavy dew
Novojett is Manganese Nitrate.
Don't worry about a heavy dew, spray away, but do avoid between 11am & 5pm on days like this.
The spray droplets act like magnifying glass and the strong sun burns the leaf.

Back