Spring Barley - General Thread

Do you always spray the headlands first? Had kinda got used to doing the opposite here. You have a lot more clearance though for final sprays.
Yes.
Use to try train myself into doing it from the middle out, but GPS and the self propelled but pay to that again.

Yes.
Use to try train myself into doing it from the middle out, but GPS and the self propelled but pay to that again.
If you have a field mapped is it possible to use an internal headland for on/off section control?

Haven’t been home in approx ten days due to work and the barley has motored on. Out spraying tonight. Very happy with the most of it. Have one field that crows went to town on the headland but that’s only approx 2ac.
first and last pictures is splender and middle is a field of planet

CE1B4B3E-F571-44E9-9719-67468DA109F2.jpegA46B4ED9-EE1F-4EC1-904C-6A38A235E9C6.jpeg6FB41EDD-EA27-4520-9D47-069453BCB292.jpeg

Was on the road abit the last couple of days spraying maize for guys and noticed alot of barley seeming to be suffering after the wet and getting sprayed aswell

Was on the road abit the last couple of days spraying maize for guys and noticed alot of barley seeming to be suffering after the wet and getting sprayed aswell

Anywhere there is springs is in trouble, I've got some myself but unfortunately it all has to be sprayed for weeds by now!

There is a marked difference in crops that had to be sprayed for wild oats and canary grass too.

Just hacking past a couple field of our barley. Happy with progress if it could get some kindness and get outa this clammy weather I'd be hopefull for a decent crop. But along way to go still.

Attachments

• IMG_20210602_203314.jpg
    IMG_20210602_203314.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20210602_202248.jpg
    IMG_20210602_202248.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 51
Just hacking past a couple field of our barley. Happy with progress if it could get some kindness and get outa this clammy weather I'd be hopefull for a decent crop. But along way to go still.

To be fair it is really motoring the last few days.

I walked a good bit of mine here tonight and the difference versus last Sunday is huge despite it being checked with the weed spray.

To be fair it is really motoring the last few days.

I walked a good bit of mine here tonight and the difference versus last Sunday is huge despite it being checked with the weed spray.
If it could get a decent spell of weather on it now it would do it the world of good

It just isn't available to the merchants, or in the merchants I deal with, rang 2 local merchants neither had it available.
Fair enough, it’s available locally to us and allways has been.
Is picoxystrobin gone off the market too? It was creedo from du pont about 10 years back but have not seen it in years tho. It was a good net blotch strob.

Fair enough, it’s available locally to us and allways has been.
Is picoxystrobin gone off the market too? It was creedo from du pont about 10 years back but have not seen it in years tho. It was a good net blotch strob.
Haven't seen it for a couple of years, we are losing a lot of options unfortunately.

Not really my choice of Strob, I would have gone with Moddem/Comet, but BASF are fecking around so I can't get it without buying one of their feck arse "packs", so generic Az is 2nd choice.
Fair enough, I wouldn't be a big fan of it anymore, it's efficacy on net blotch seems to be questionable. We succumbed to their marketing hoodwinkery and went for the feck arse option on the winter barley.

Fair enough, I wouldn't be a big fan of it anymore, it's efficacy on net blotch seems to be questionable. We succumbed to their marketing hoodwinkery and went for the feck arse option on the winter barley.
I am completely over the top in my hatred of their games, their Imtrex, Moddem Proline "party pack" is probably the best barley product. I am also very worried about the over use of Proline, so it isn't a big penance for me to forgo using it. Naming these packs differently into different merchants to try deliberately confuse farmers also annoys me. Not as bad as the messing going on with Inatreq. But that is just a bugbear of mine.

I am completely over the top in my hatred of their games, their Imtrex, Moddem Proline "party pack" is probably the best barley product. I am also very worried about the over use of Proline, so it isn't a big penance for me to forgo using it. Naming these packs differently into different merchants to try deliberately confuse farmers also annoys me. Not as bad as the messing going on with Inatreq. But that is just a bugbear of mine.
There's another thread on here discussing how growers need to keep up to speed with the evolving range of chemicals and active ingredients and to reduce their dependence on agronomists. It's as if chemical companies want the opposite.

There's another thread on here discussing how growers need to keep up to speed with the evolving range of chemicals and active ingredients and to reduce their dependence on agronomists. It's as if chemical companies want the opposite.
A place like this is invaluable imo for people such as myself who like to dabble in crops. There's a wealth of fantastic information here on crops and sprays that you couldn't get anywhere else.
Agronomists do a good job but it's their job to sell chemicals also and sell the expensive ones at that.

Back