Spring Barley - General Thread

What would you do with grain that was deemed to contain CTL . It would be a disaster to deal with as it would be unsaleable.

Sprayed the barley off 10 days ago, it's flat on the ground here and it's not likely to dry much more. It feels pretty wet. Would crimping be the best option for it or is it too late to crimp?

O
Looks to be doing an okay job. Would you get more mixing by running at a slight angle?
[/QUOTE
I got a bigger heavier set of triple k points that have two holes in them and they worked better and I also swapped about the legs since that pic and she was doing a better job. If all the legs were on in a single row she only dragged the straw but was able to zig zag them between the front and the back while still getting the same spacings as if they were next to each other and she allowed the trash though easily. When you say a different angle, shorten lengthen the toplink?

@FIAT 450 this. Would help uproot the stubble and avoid an undisturbed line of stubble helping it break down quicker. Good to hear you found some alternative points
Ya in the other fields I ran it to the opposite ditch to the one it was sowed, just in that field it was sowed parallel to work out for the sprayer as the field was divided between two crops. Was in one of the fields that was grubbed and the volunteers were up and growing. Ya they made a bigger difference now

Still spring barley not cut in tullamore
Well thats definitely not mine !!! I still have 20 acres after spuds to cut .
The mess made digging them last November meant it wasnt sowed till late May after much remedial work to dry and level the trenches and holes .
The fat lady hasnt sung just yet...... but shes definitely warming up !!!
This Wenesday should bring the curtain down on harvest 21 .

Still spring barley not cut in tullamore
If Monday and Tuesday gone weren’t such good days here we could still have had some waiting for the knife, but it was a re sow job in May, if the original crop had lasted it would have all been done 2 weeks earlier

Well thats definitely not mine !!! I still have 20 acres after spuds to cut .
The mess made digging them last November meant it wasnt sowed till late May after much remedial work to dry and level the trenches and holes .
The fat lady hasnt sung just yet...... but shes definitely warming up !!!
This Wenesday should bring the curtain down on harvest 21 .
Was there a bit down the front wholecropped or crimped or somthing there is a bit gone ?

Was there a bit down the front wholecropped or crimped or somthing there is a bit gone ?
Couldnt tell you the bit i have is a long way from Tullamore !! Im about 15 miles away from your combines former home .
Mind you its been a kind and early year overall with an early finish for many .
No need for panic its still only Sept !!! Some years it could go on till late October if sowing was delayed in spring and the weather was bad in August or Sept .
A very experienced old hand once told me the biggest problem with late sowing was that while you could have a very good crop the " weather and short days can rob you at the other end "
Its always a gamble but idle land wont pay any bills

Couldnt tell you the bit i have is a long way from Tullamore !! Im about 15 miles away from your combines former home .
Mind you its been a kind and early year overall with an early finish for many .
No need for panic its still only Sept !!! Some years it could go on till late October if sowing was delayed in spring and the weather was bad in August or Sept .
A very experienced old hand once told me the biggest problem with late sowing was that while you could have a very good crop the " weather and short days can rob you at the other end "
Its always a gamble but idle land wont pay any bills
Oh I thought Twas yours. How is that man getting on ? It’s a fine farm I went up last year and bought the dual wheels off him. His father kept it very well

Must be a lot more barley not cut than I realised. A man rang me this morning with spring barley to cut, it’s very dirty with chick weed but is burned off 3 weeks, will it be hard put through the combine ?

Attachments

• CA6AB999-8416-4A6D-8C57-FDD4137EACF6.jpeg
    CA6AB999-8416-4A6D-8C57-FDD4137EACF6.jpeg
    552.1 KB · Views: 94
  • F2D5E727-1E42-4238-801E-61CE710BFD6A.jpeg
    F2D5E727-1E42-4238-801E-61CE710BFD6A.jpeg
    460.1 KB · Views: 93
Back