Steel price

C

Cork

Bought some galvanized piping the other day.

6m lenghts, 2" internal diameter.

I need to check but I think it was €33 per length incl vat.

Now my price could be wrong and it may be plus vat but it seemed quite cheap to me? I didn't price around as only needed 7 lenghts.

Guess this sort of stuff has come down in price lately?

Is the price of steel having a big effect on the price of things like sheds and trailers?

Now my price could be wrong and it may be plus vat but it seemed quite cheap to me? I didn't price around as only needed 7 lenghts.

Is the price of steel having a big effect on the price of things like sheds and trailers?

No idea on pipe pricing other than brown band would be cheaper than blue band, which is yours?

No idea on pipe pricing other than brown band would be cheaper than blue band, which is yours?

No idea! I've seen blue paint on galv piping before but hadn't noticed it on this. I'll check tomorrow

All I can say , is that your 7" H iron was gone down A euro a foot odd about 2 or 3 months ago. The Chinamen don't need any now. Scrap was 40 a ton last time I enquired.

All I can say , is that your 7" H iron was gone down A euro a foot odd about 2 or 3 months ago. The Chinamen don't need any now. Scrap was 40 a ton last time I enquired.
I tink you have to pay them now to take it away

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

I tink you have to pay them now to take it away

When I asked , a car would make 40 delivered to the yard. If you left the 4 wheels on it, they deducted a fiver a tyre, so you got 20. If they had to collect it , you got nothing , nor hadn't to give anything. Don't know whats happened since , as it wasn't worth bothering doing anything with at that money. Hardly worth the phone call now.

When I asked , a car would make 40 delivered to the yard. If you left the 4 wheels on it, they deducted a fiver a tyre, so you got 20. If they had to collect it , you got nothing , nor hadn't to give anything. Don't know whats happened since , as it wasn't worth bothering doing anything with at that money. Hardly worth the phone call now.
I'm not sure on what I said as it's second hand information when did you inquire?
I know there is one crowd after closing down anyway

I'm not sure on what I said as it's second hand information when did you inquire?
I know there is one crowd after closing down anyway

Its probably 8 or 10 weeks ago now.

They are all singing off the same hymn sheet so. " We may close. Not worth our while being open. Whats coming in , wouldn't pay the lads wages. etc etc"

Its probably 8 or 10 weeks ago now.

They are all singing off the same hymn sheet so. " We may close. Not worth our while being open. Whats coming in , wouldn't pay the lads wages. etc etc"
The one good thing about it is it might keep the members of a certain ethnic group away from farm yards

Think steel has come down well , I got 12m lengths of 125/75/8mm channel for 120+ which I thought good value .

steel today is approx €680+v a tonne.
that id be down from about €790+v in the good times.

when you work out how much a saving that id be on a lth of box iron or tube i dont think youd be celebrating too much on how much you were up unless your buying about 10 tonne a time.

when you work out how much a saving that id be on a lth of box iron or tube i dont think youd be celebrating too much on how much you were up unless your buying about 10 tonne a time.

Jesus, I thought the diesel trade were slow to pass on saving, they have nothing on this shower.
Steel coil, which is the most commonly traded steel and the price setter IYKWIM, the "barrel of crude" for the steel industry, has dropped from $880/ton in March 2011 to $370 this month.

Jesus, I thought the diesel trade were slow to pass on saving, they have nothing on this shower.
Steel coil, which is the most commonly traded steel and the price setter IYKWIM, the "barrel of crude" for the steel industry, has dropped from $880/ton in March 2011 to $370 this month.
:D.
nobody wants to give it up hi, and certainly not to the wee man.

What kind of money were them 7" H irons? I must get a few.
Never bought H irons in my life

I would have to look it up, it was only a few gateposts I was getting , and would only be paying the man a couple of times in the year. Very roughly , 7 inch was 7 euro , so I think it was back to 6. But someone will probably come and say I am wrong.

Any sign of steel prices falling properly (I.e in line with international markets)?

Going by 680+vat a tonne and the table in the link, 7" is 19kg a metre so works out at about 5euro a foot including vat
http://www.rainhamsteel.co.uk/products/universalbeams.asp

Was in blue steel outside ashbourne on friday got 6 meters of 250x150x8 box then 2 7.5 meter lenths of 80x80x5 box and 1 6meter lenth of 150x8 flat came to 530 euros including vat. The lot weighed around 500 kilos so was more the 1000 euros a ton including vat. Earlier in the week i got two 6 meter lenths of 6x3 channel and 2 7.5 meter lenths of 90mm x 5mm wall pipe that was 420 including vat. Cant seem to get anywhere near the 680 euro a ton plus vat quoted here. Im going to need about 3 ton of steel in a months time mostly box section does anyone now anywhere better value?

Was in blue steel outside ashbourne on friday got 6 meters of 250x150x8 box then 2 7.5 meter lenths of 80x80x5 box and 1 6meter lenth of 150x8 flat came to 530 euros including vat. The lot weighed around 500 kilos so was more the 1000 euros a ton including vat. Earlier in the week i got two 6 meter lenths of 6x3 channel and 2 7.5 meter lenths of 90mm x 5mm wall pipe that was 420 including vat. Cant seem to get anywhere near the 680 euro a ton plus vat quoted here. Im going to need about 3 ton of steel in a months time mostly box section does anyone now anywhere better value?
trust me hi, i didnt say i was buying steel at that price to wind anyone up, i can.
the box is sold as a different steel and a different price, plate is too iirc.
the 840 odd is for rsj, or was the last time i backed my rep into the corner, there was about 2 tonne in it.
he would normally be round the 720 mark but places differ all over.
he isnt sitting on dear steel either , whats in stock has been bought at the cheaper prices.
why not try the likes of butlers steel, id say they deliver, maybe you could hammer out a price with them if your buying a right shot of steel through the year.

why not try the likes of butlers steel, id say they deliver, maybe you could hammer out a price with them if your buying a right shot of steel through the year.

Butler steel is an impressive outfit, its great to have the likes of it in the north west. Is there any similar places in Donegal tinman?

Back