Steyr

G

guest 1

Am I right in thinking that they're being relaunched on the UK/Irish market? Are they still even a Steyr, or just a repainted CNH?

Steyr are under the CNH name and are still bein made.
The smaller one are like a farmall inside the cab.
The CVT ones are like case inside the cab. Same arm rest etc.

I don't really see the point to bring it in as it is a case in a different color.

Am I right in thinking that they're being relaunched on the UK/Irish market? Are they still even a Steyr, or just a repainted CNH?

Under the skin they would appear to be identical to the Case, just a different styling on the roof and bonnet.

Steyr are under the CNH name and are still bein made.
The smaller one are like a farmall inside the cab.
The CVT ones are like case inside the cab. Same arm rest etc.

I don't really see the point to bring it in as it is a case in a different color.

I guess it's the same reason why you often get variations of Mars Bars or Squeezy in three different scents, it displaces the competition from the shelves.

It also enables Case to position its products in the various market segments just as AGCO do with their four tractor brands, in fact AGCO have been quite clever about this and perhaps CNH are just trying to catch up.

I'm presuming that due to brand loyalty that the Steyr brand is still very popular in Austria and CNH will want to capitalise on that.

A list of countries where they presently have dealers may be found here -

http://www1.steyr-traktoren.com/Pages/en/Allgemein/dealer.aspx

It's mainly central Europe and the Balkans. Interestingly France is not on the list, nor is Spain or Portugal. I'm sure they know what they are doing but it seems odd that they would want to cart them all the way across France to sell in the UK, but that's marketing managers for you.

On a slightly different note Steyr Tractors were yet another product of an Axis country needing to rebuild its industry after the war. The original tractors had two features in particular which were in their favour. The first was that they were designed from the outset to work on steep slopes and the second was that the post war Austrian Government would only give grants to buy machinery made in Austria. The latter was probably the greater influence in the company's success.

A list of countries where they presently have dealers may be found here -

http://www1.steyr-traktoren.com/Pages/en/Allgemein/dealer.aspx

It's mainly central Europe and the Balkans. Interestingly France is not on the list, nor is Spain or Portugal. I'm sure they know what they are doing but it seems odd that they would want to cart them all the way across France to sell in the UK, but that's marketing managers for you.

On a slightly different note Steyr Tractors were yet another product of an Axis country needing to rebuild its industry after the war. The original tractors had two features in particular which were in their favour. The first was that they were designed from the outset to work on steep slopes and the second was that the post war Austrian Government would only give grants to buy machinery made in Austria. The latter was probably the greater influence in the company's success.

Doesn't seem that odd as they are shipping case tractors from Austria as it is.

It is just one dealer in The UK bringing in the new Steyrs but he also has the Zetor franchise. Nice chap to talk to as well.

It is just one dealer in The UK bringing in the new Steyrs but he also has the Zetor franchise. Nice chap to talk to as well.

Toe in the water for Steyr? I guess they are not grey imports although there is something in the back of my mind about EU legislation making it difficult for manufacturers to not sell to dealers, or that might only apply to multiple franchises, can't remember now.

Still, I doubt that your man would be doing it without some sort of blessing from CNH.

He used to also sell Hurlimann and was only dealer for them in Britain. Previous to that I am certain he brought in Steyr for a bit

When I asked a dealer in NI that used to sell Steyr he said he could still bring them in but not at aprice to compete with the same tractor painted red, with no difference in the product to justify the premium.

Pretty much all changed now. The Farmall Pro is probably as close as you would get to a Steyr these days.
absolutley gorgeous tractor i must say, littered with steyr dna.

Feature_Farmall_UPRO_1.jpg

farmall-u-pro-pressevent_31.jpg

Back