Stock Pictures

Letting these boys out friday, all going well:thumbup:
Everyone else the rams out?

Yeah beltex in with the hoggets and Charolais in with the lambs :thumbup: more out of nessecity as there was a scrap going on one morning :lol:

Yeah beltex in with the hoggets and Charolais in with the lambs :thumbup: more out of nessecity as there was a scrap going on one morning :lol:

Not to bad when ya got to them in time, simple enough ya would lose a ram and the other fella could have himself injured as well:thumbdown:

Not to bad when ya got to them in time, simple enough ya would lose a ram and the other fella could have himself injured as well:thumbdown:

Yeah it happens easy!! Had a relative there with two ile de France tips and as soon as he put them back in together they were scrapping and had drew blood before we got them apart!! :thumbdown:

Yeah it happens easy!! Had a relative there with two ile de France tips and as soon as he put them back in together they were scrapping and had drew blood before we got them apart!! :thumbdown:

Ya could get a puck yerself there handy enough:D
Them lambs feeding at the trough that ya posted up on the other thread, what are they out of? Nice shapey looking lambs anyways

Bit of a mixed bag there, two of the woman's pet lambs a pair of ile de francs twins and 6 pedigree llyens!
That's the ewe lambs in with the Charolais tip at the minute they're a bit young but if they hold all well and good :thumbup:

[MENTION=2367]eire23[/MENTION] in the middle of lambing here at the minute, were late but that's just normal with us :lol:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395705083.317822.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395705105.414687.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395705131.317325.jpg

thank god im near finished, spring calving started this morning though, u use an old byre stands for lambing pens too.

those old cow tying and travelers seem to be hard to get now, anyone know if they can be got new

Had a premature calf here the other morning, five days between these two with the little one 3 weeks before. Both heifers from heifers. Hardy out for a little one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 73
Yeah we do [MENTION=2596]wdah[/MENTION] 4 byre stands made into 4 pens, they're 6ft by 5ft so slightly on the large side! But works well, no lambs laid on.

I'd keep the doubles in for a week but cause I'm only a part timer and don't have much stock I'm probably too good to them :lol:

same here, in for a week and maybe too good to them but still can miss the odd case of something as we dont have too many.

Had a premature calf here the other morning, five days between these two with the little one 3 weeks before. Both heifers from heifers. Hardy out for a little one.

We had a BB bull calf last year much the same size as your heifer he got a few extra days with the cow and he's the pick of the weanlings now!

My expensive hobby :whistle:

Attachments

• 20150201_105244.jpg
    20150201_105244.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 20150201_105251.jpg
    20150201_105251.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20150201_105305.jpg
    20150201_105305.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20150201_105317.jpg
    20150201_105317.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 82
Grand few cattle there gone, you are fond of the traditional breeds.:thumbup:

Have they been out all winter?

Yeah the old breeds, bucket fed, are just very easy to manage on your own, really only pets to keep the place tidy :thumbup:
It has been a very dry winter and they have access to the old N80 (The old Carlow/Enniscorthy road), where I feed them, they had grass till Christmas.

Scanning this morning.
Then a nice pen of doubles! 4 weeks to go so after loosing two ewes in two weeks I'm going to keep them in. They were all sponged so will be a bitta work in a short space of time!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422922147.906396.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422922189.486828.jpg

Yeah the old breeds, bucket fed, are just very easy to manage on your own, really only pets to keep the place tidy :thumbup:
It has been a very dry winter and they have access to the old N80 (The old Carlow/Enniscorthy road), where I feed them, they had grass till Christmas.

Hard to beat a nice whitehead. And they dont mind being out for the winter.

Neighbour had friesans and whitheads outwintered together one year and he said the friesans would be mad for the meal everyday and hungry. And the whiteheads used to be amazed at them:D:D

As emntioned in a previous thread, best set of triplets I ever did see, the suffolk in the background is a fair size to put into perspective, about an hour old here!

1622381_10152469639726653_164208213075559562_o.jpg

She be a good ewe if she could rare them three. Damn good lambs

One of them is off with another sheep already! Don't bother even trying to send 3 out round here, not worth it. Will only do adoptions if the sheep is in perfect shape and lambs match well, mark every adoption with an A, and it's amazing how many end up coming back in, or don't thrive if things aren't perfect. Worse still the ewe figures it out and send the extra one packing!

End up with a lot of pet lambs, bit with milk machine hired in and good rearing they do come to some kind of money, not fantastic but better than a dead lamb!

Back