Stock Pictures

Deerehunter

Did you get any break from the clusters , if you are started already ?
No break, those 2 heifers calved about 3 weeks before due dates. Have a few culls still milking nice bit.we usually dont dry off fully but when the clocks go back in october we switch over to once a day. I think i missed one milking in 2021, that was in july, was sick and had to get a covid test.

jf 850

No break, those 2 heifers calved about 3 weeks before due dates. Have a few culls still milking nice bit.we usually dont dry off fully but when the clocks go back in october we switch over to once a day. I think i missed one milking in 2021, that was in july, was sick and had to get a covid test.

You must be taking lessons from @Mf240 . He stays at it twice a day . he must be gone well over the 10 yr mark now . Dry here 3 weeks , and hope to get 3 weeks more .
about 5 yrs ago , i dried off the cows one day , and 3 days later a heifer calved , followed by 6 more over about a week . Drop of milk wasnt worth collecting.

Deerehunter

You must be taking lessons from @Mf240 . He stays at it twice a day . he must be gone well over the 10 yr mark now . Dry here 3 weeks , and hope to get 3 weeks more .
about 5 yrs ago , i dried off the cows one day , and 3 days later a heifer calved , followed by 6 more over about a week . Drop of milk wasnt worth collecting.
Id say @Mf240 was taking lessons from my old lad!!!! He did well over 10 yrs without missing a milking.

Galwayden

Yeah, have been buying plainer Weanlings bulls and heifers for the past 2 months. 4 to 600euro Bought them 7 bulls together @500
Good price…for you I mean 😂👍
I worked out that my black white heads were costing me €370 to get them off milk at 12 weeks. That’s purchasing price and milk replacer,nuts vaccinations etc.
what age were your ones? Weight?