Stock Pictures

I keep an eye on this lad on de. Twitter. He used to drive a road train , hauling oil . Seems to be working on a cattle station now, still truck driving and other farm jobs. He seems stereotypical Aussie, pretty gruff ,likes his meat/hunting etc.
Looks like farming in another world .
Screenshot_20201029-193623_Twitter.jpg

I keep an eye on this lad on de. Twitter. He used to drive a road train , hauling oil . Seems to be working on a cattle station now, still truck driving and other farm jobs. He seems stereotypical Aussie, pretty gruff ,likes his meat/hunting etc.
View attachment 83926
I follow him. Yeah, he's on a cattle station up the top end of NT. Likes his pig hunting with dogs. Hates vegans.

View attachment 83926
Give me soggy Lancashire any day!
One country I’ll never go near.👎

That must be one of the driest fields in Ireland, cattle are doing damage in the driest of grass fields around here.
Back doing some more draining, changed direction of flow and the stream it flows into. The outlet is well over 1km away from end of a couple of the drain ends.
View attachment 73974 View attachment 73975 View attachment 73976 View attachment 73977 View attachment 73978 View attachment 73979 View attachment 73980 View attachment 73981 View attachment 73982
The top end of the field would be very dry, the middle of the field has the worst springs with the biggest run of water I have ever seen when I was draining earlier in the year and it runs down into a peat bog.
The cattle will be doing a bit of damage, but I don't think damage done by stock is difficult to cure in tillage ground, they do more good than harm IMHO, the "golden hoof".
Of course you have to remember 2 things, this is the sunny southeast and 17 bullocks have the run of 35 acres.

The top end of the field would be very dry, the middle of the field has the worst springs with the biggest run of water I have ever seen when I was draining earlier in the year and it runs down into a peat bog.
The cattle will be doing a bit of damage, but I don't think damage done by stock is difficult to cure in tillage ground, they do more good than harm IMHO, the "golden hoof".
Of course you have to remember 2 things, this is the sunny southeast and 17 bullocks have the run of 35 acres.
And there I am strip grazing 26 in 5 acres of overstrong grass that needs to be cleaned off, half of them coming off tomorrow and the rest by Friday.

And there I am strip grazing 26 in 5 acres of overstrong grass that needs to be cleaned off, half of them coming off tomorrow and the rest by Friday.
Stock do damage and it is harder to repair in grass fields, the plough cures 90% of the damage done by them in tillage ground. Stocking rate has a massive effect on the damage.

Your sunny south east is a stones throw from me and the beasts been housed 3 weeks now here

Your sunny south east is a stones throw from me and the beasts been housed 3 weeks now here
Our average annual rainfall is around 840mm, which is great when I am trying to avoid rain, but not so good when in drought.

Our average annual rainfall is around 840mm, which is great when I am trying to avoid rain, but not so good when in drought.
Gone , id swap with you anyday with that rainfall..at least you can work its better than at least half that much more rain where we are and would you be on for a swap !!!😁

Back