Stock Pictures

No I understand what you mean. And you are probably right but one problem is I’m a thick man so il just keep them till the new year and weigh them then. Hopefully the ADG will have improved.
Also I wouldn’t sell cattle with issues to someone. Wouldn’t want it done to me.
We were of the same thinking and as I said we did keep him on, I can’t say he was spectacular in any way shape or form in the end, I doubt he covered himself 🙁 that’s the joys of it. When you see some of what goes through the mart some days you’d wonder how lads convince themselves to put up the hand to bid on them :confused::confused:

No I didn’t notice any bullying really. Ya I think il have to divide them up again. I was hoping the fluke dose would help alright. This will only be the second round of cattle I’ve ever finished so trying to get as much tips as possible. It’s figuring out the quantity of meal and when to increase it is what Im finding the hardest.
There might be nothing wrong. Some cattle take a while to get going after going in. A month is short and no one will get every animal piling on the weight so quick. Watch the ones in question when ration or fresh feed goes in. If they are only nibbling at it compare to others there might be a problem then

We were of the same thinking and as I said we did keep him on, I can’t say he was spectacular in any way shape or form in the end, I doubt he covered himself 🙁 that’s the joys of it. When you see some of what goes through the mart some days you’d wonder how lads convince themselves to put up the hand to bid on them :confused::confused:
Ya it’s just the way it is. The joys of farming.

No I understand what you mean. And you are probably right but one problem is I’m a thick man so il just keep them till the new year and weigh them then. Hopefully the ADG will have improved.
Also I wouldn’t sell cattle with issues to someone. Wouldn’t want it done to me.
Good honest answer I’m the same here sold two good cows in the mart a while back, headed yesterday and today with seven cows to the factory because I wasn’t happy to let someone else buy them.
As for your small cattle my father told me you get some big people and some small people, cattle are the same 😂

Good honest answer I’m the same here sold two good cows in the mart a while back, headed yesterday and today with seven cows to the factory because I wasn’t happy to let someone else buy them.
As for your small cattle my father told me you get some big people and some small people, cattle are the same 😂
😂👍
As my dad says to me weren’t you small once 😂

How did the cows in the factory get on as against goin to the mart. Looking at some of the cow ring in the marts it would be hard not too show factory fit cows in them.

How did the cows in the factory get on as against goin to the mart. Looking at some of the cow ring in the marts it would be hard not too show factory fit cows in them.
Have the weights and grades back they where cows straight out of the parlour that I wanted gone didn’t grade very well all P’s except 1 O(kinda shocked tbh). Asked for base price when booking them in think it was 3.25 for P’s and a 10c bonus/kg for anything over 280kg deadweight. Compared to the Mart now I haven’t prices back yet but think it paid me to take these cows to factory goin by my own rough prices

Yeah definitely have 1 cow scanned this year with twins we normally have 5 or 6. Cow calved back in march had twins took e-coli mastitis and held the cleaning vet was out with her twice second time he threw everything he had at her she came round only to die 3months later.
Think she was my cow that had an AA and a FR calf.

16B51C97-0CBB-4E1D-AB79-8C73D14A71B2.jpegA9EE5C83-B5E1-4605-9380-776DB0BB644C.jpegD1CBE784-EB7D-43CE-91AE-4F0FB94E4CFF.jpeg
We hadn’t planned on selling any of the spring born calves at the moment but after getting a few calls about the shorthorn cross heifers. Sold 4 of them this morning. Going for breeding apparently.

Back