Stolen

Wonder did Johnston's get this issue sorted did anyone ever hear

The original post on facebook by Johnston's was removed after about 2 hours, although by that stage half the country had screenshotted it.

I would assume the issue is sorted by now. I'd imagine Johnston's were at the end of their tether regarding this issue and having a fair idea of how they operate making this issue public would have been their very last resort. It also served as warning that they aren't to be messed around by anyone thinking of chancing the same thing in future.

The original post on facebook by Johnston's was removed after about 2 hours, although by that stage half the country had screenshotted it.

I would assume the issue is sorted by now. I'd imagine Johnston's were at the end of their tether regarding this issue and having a fair idea of how they operate making this issue public would have been their very last resort. It also served as warning that they aren't to be messed around by anyone thinking of chancing the same thing in future.
What happened?

I thought all these had unique keys so once they are deactivated they are essentially worthless.

Is it that John Deere ones are easier to hack or something? There has been spates of them stolen across the uk the last year or 2 and now it seems to be over here, but it pretty much always seems to be starfire receivers that are being taken, rarely any other brand.

Or is there some special metals on the boards that lads are going for?

The amount of them taken there definitely can’t be a market for them second hand with out deere knowing about it being that in most cases they are getting the dome but not screens so someone is going to have to be buying screens

Came here to post that. Local lads. Their yard does be well locked up. Must have been watching the place. The rotten f**kers who done hopefully get what they deserve.
Ye got there before me, I got the community alert text about it yesterday.
Sheds 200mts up the road were also broken into and the entrance gate opened though nothing there to be taken.
As Daniel says the place where the GPS units were stolen (local contractors, one of whom takes a peep in here now and again) is as secure as possible and plenty of cameras.
Is it that John Deere ones are easier to hack or something? There has been spates of them stolen across the uk the last year or 2 and now it seems to be over here, but it pretty much always seems to be starfire receivers that are being taken, rarely any other brand.

The amount of them taken there definitely can’t be a market for them second hand with out deere knowing about it being that in most cases they are getting the dome but not screens so someone is going to have to be buying screens
In this instance there was a screen taken out of the self propelled sprayer.
Wouldn't you think with the technology available that when these units are powered up again that John Deere would be able to know their exact location.

Ye got there before me, I got the community alert text about it yesterday.
Sheds 200mts up the road were also broken into and the entrance gate opened though nothing there to be taken.
As Daniel says the place where the GPS units were stolen (local contractors, one of whom takes a peep in here now and again) is as secure as possible and plenty of cameras.

In this instance there was a screen taken out of the self propelled sprayer.
Wouldn't you think with the technology available that when these units are powered up again that John Deere would be able to know their exact location.
Yeah but 1 screen and several domes and that seems to be common enough, I know there are lads with multiple domes moving screens around but I doubt everyone would want that either?

Must be serious inside information about the exact location of these JD systems. About time JD got their fingers out

I heard yesterday of a contractor near Mitchelstown had 3 Starfires stolen this week. Where are the b*#*#rds finding a market for them?
Myself and the neighbours came to the conclusion after there's was stolen was that they dismantle them sell them for parts. I don't know what they do with the monitors, they tried to take the monitor out of the 6250 but something must have spooked them as they ran off while trying to gain access to the cab.

Must be serious inside information about the exact location of these JD systems. About time JD got their fingers out
I think jd have been called out about it several times but have not given any response to it….

If you were cynical you’d say it’s funny how the lads know where to go looking for the units, but being realistic I’d know where there’s 4 or 5 of them locally just from meeting the tractors on the road, it wouldn’t be hard work out where they’d be parked if you knew machines at all

I think jd have been called out about it several times but have not given any response to it….

If you were cynical you’d say it’s funny how the lads know where to go looking for the units, but being realistic I’d know where there’s 4 or 5 of them locally just from meeting the tractors on the road, it wouldn’t be hard work out where they’d be parked if you knew machines at all
I'd certainly be of the opinion you wouldn't need to go far from the yard to find the culprits.

I presume the screen would be the easy bit to replicate.
Good chance someone somewhere in the world has a pirate copy of deeres gps program and making up off the shelf screens into gps's to fit onto Deeres.

The screen for my gps is just a standard tablet anyway.

Plenty folk wouldn't question where the system came from. Could literally be anywhere in the world within a few days with a courier.

most of these units are now pin protected , especially the 6000 receivers but the cunts stealing them will have them sold and the lad buying them won’t know until he plugs them in, it’s a bit of an ordeal to get them unlocked again as you have to contact John Deere to get a re access pin and do it through your online jd link before you can do it on the tractor.all the technology is there apart from tracking them. I have an app on phone and I can see exactly where my tractors are and even details of what fuel they are burning, I can even access the screens to see what the tractor is doing or if a driver is haVing problems.

Back