straw price???

Work the same here with the guarantee, we get the plastic rep to check out the bales & if he finds anything wrong with our work we will buy the silage....never bought any yet...had him out a couple of times....once for haylege made in October for horses, was on the ground for 9 days & that was after the horses had grazed any decent grass out of it :whistling:..
you will get that too.
any time ive heard of the plastic men being called there was a raft of excuses, never had to call one myself, mind you the volac reps a few yrs ago were as good at telling fibs as i ever seen, any one using volac back then will know the particular yr im talking about.

once i made hay for horsie folk, when i went to collect the money (3+ mths after) she told me the horses broke into the place where she stored them and ate most of them and wondered did she still have to pay........:001_rolleyes:

the second and last time i dealt with a horsie person they wanted hay cut, i hate hay but i didnt like to pass her off as i was asked through a favour by a mate.
weather wasnt good at all, couldnt get 2 dry days together, 2 weeks passed, she rang a few times to see why i hadnt cut it, like i say the weather wasnt good, i explained we needed 4 days min to save it, she rang one day in a wild state, accused me of not doing the work, she wanted it cut now......so i cut it, and as the rain streamed down the window of the tractor i thought to myself, this is going to be hard to save.....
three more days of intermittent rain and i rang to say we should bale it into silage...........we dont like the smell of that stuff was the answer, i said ye will loose it, she said she wouldnt.....
9 days after that she rang and said i should row it up as she had got her stable hand to look at it and he said it was in good shape..........for hay..........., it never left the swathe ff's, i went out to look at it and i could hardly see it in the grass.
i rang back and said i could do no more with it, that imo it was too late to do anything with it, best let the horses into it and buy some.

2 days later i passed by it and fcuk me but someone had baled it in squares, i never found out how it come out after, but at best guess id say it was like a white washed wall in the shed.

that was the first and last time i had anything to do with fodder for the horsie folk.
sorry to ramble on a tad but i had forgot about that episode, its good to have an odd memory cumin back:laugh:

We supply our wrapper man with plastic but if you don't have enough wrap (say if you wrapped 70 bales so 2 rolls wouldn't do) he has an extra bit with him usually to cover it. Never had any trouble with him on that score.

if i didn't supply the wrap i could pretty much guarantee i'd spend more time waiting for the farmer to turn up than i would baling :001_rolleyes:

Theres a guy near me flogging silage bales for €15 at the moment, just trying to get rid of them.

We supply our wrapper man with plastic but if you don't have enough wrap (say if you wrapped 70 bales so 2 rolls wouldn't do) he has an extra bit with him usually to cover it. Never had any trouble with him on that score.
as i do tell them, you can always bring a roll back...
if i didn't supply the wrap i could pretty much guarantee i'd spend more time waiting for the farmer to turn up than i would baling :001_rolleyes:
i thought it would be the same scenario, all it took was for me to leave the first lad that didnt have the wrap til that evening and the rest copped on.
Theres a guy near me flogging silage bales for €15 at the moment, just trying to get rid of them.
false economy that is hi.
most likely they are softish and only 4 layers so id doubt they would make it to next yr.

Back