swivel dumper hire

indecisive sort

another silly question but are there any rules when it comes to driving those swivel dumpers on a public road , need to do a job for my mother and while i can get seven tonne of gravel delivered to her neighbours yard and fill a dumper with a mini digger , it would be handier if i just drove a dumper from the quarry and tipped it at her back yard and spread with a shovel

no access for a truck as she lives up an exceptionally tight private road where two other residence also live and a truck would not be able to manuvere

could you drive one of those dumpers for five miles or is that completely out of the question ?

Tractor and tipping trailer not work or is access that tight

no room for tractor and tipper trailer unfortunately , might just need to buy a bunch of bulk bags as i think you might need a " safe pass " to hire one of those site dumpers from a hire centre ?

another silly question but are there any rules when it comes to driving those swivel dumpers on a public road , need to do a job for my mother and while i can get seven tonne of gravel delivered to her neighbours yard and fill a dumper with a mini digger , it would be handier if i just drove a dumper from the quarry and tipped it at her back yard and spread with a shovel

no access for a truck as she lives up an exceptionally tight private road where two other residence also live and a truck would not be able to manuvere

could you drive one of those dumpers for five miles or is that completely out of the question ?
I’d imagine you’d need a safe pass and a CSCS card for a site dumper as well for insurance purposes, along with the dumper actually being road registered and taxed/insured/etc, to be fully above board

If it's taxed and insured for the road there should be no problem. you often see ones at road works and they drive on the public road between the site and the yard where they keep the supplies.

Back