tail and back clippers

The motor in my heiniger clippers burnt out last week in the middle of the cattle. Repair man estimated that it would cost 200 euros to repair. I priced one today and the best price on it was 450 fitted with sheep blades. Anybody any suggestions?
What model heinger have you got . 200 sounds a lot for just a motor . Have a lister as I mentioned in a post above works well . Only gripe is fitting of the blades has to be done right . If not the blades will jam and you'll break a plastic gear in the machine. Gear cost about €20 .

The motor in my heiniger clippers burnt out last week in the middle of the cattle. Repair man estimated that it would cost 200 euros to repair. I priced one today and the best price on it was 450 fitted with sheep blades. Anybody any suggestions?

image.jpg

Been looking at buying a clippers here too, a friend was using one of these and I got it to try it out, I was told it mightn't be great on dirty cattle, more suitable to fine haired dairy cattle. It worked very well.
Cordless is very handy, we bought one earlier this week, same make as above, with a "crows foot" comb, battery life is said to be about 2hrs, with a similar or shorter charging time.
In or around €350 with two batteries and a few spare blades.

This is the inside of s heinger clippers 6 torx head screws and your in 2 wires and you'll have the motor removed . This is works one . Was putting a new drive gear in it . @Peter

Attachments

• IMG_3891.JPG
    IMG_3891.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3892.JPG
    IMG_3892.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3893.JPG
    IMG_3893.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 66
I have replaced the motors in cordless heiniger clippers before. Very simple to do. Have a look here and see what you think.

http://www.angliaclipperservices.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Heiniger motor

This is the inside of s heinger clippers 6 torx head screws and your in 2 wires and you'll have the motor removed . This is works one . Was putting a new drive gear in it . @Peter

So I ended up buying a new clippers and the other day I decided to open up my old one. The first thing I noticed by the screws that they hadn't been opened before. So got it apart and it was quickly clear what the problem was. The overload switch was burnt out not the motor. I bought a new switch off exspartis in tullamore and it's back running for under twenty euros. Not impressed.

We,ve worked with Lister battery ones for fully 25 years the battery's for the newest ones arent as good as the old ones and over £100 a time are too expensive when it take s 4 to keep 2 machines going tried a 12v Milwaukee 2ah ok but still 2.5 hrs clipping so am now on the 14.5 battery's for the DeWalt drill . Day and night of difference.

Have it in my head to invest in a new clippers in the coming weeks.
Old clippers is working ok, but it is a corded clippers and doesn't lend itself too easily to in the crushes that we have at various sheds. We end up having to roll up an extension lead every time that we fill the crush with animals. It's not exactly convenient.

It's only a cheap chinese clippers that we will be buying. A rechargeable one. Probably the same make as the one that we have. Now the one that we have has a sheep shears head and does a good job clipping. I can get a similar one, but I see that a lot of the clippers that are for sale have horse clipper heads like the one in the picture below.

Which head does the best job on clipping cattle's backs and tails?

The sheep shears head is a good bit more expensive than the one in the picture below.

s-l1600.jpg

If you want to do it proper go buy one of these:
Rambo quickdraw

Battery lasts ages and because it's on ur belt its much lighter. Plus the shearing style handpiece is erganomic.

Our old shearing machine has been relegated to the back of the workshop!

Rambo quickdraw

Battery lasts ages and because it's on ur belt its much lighter. Plus the shearing style handpiece is erganomic.

It's a hell of a lot of money for clipping 200 cattle in a year.

Have it in my head to invest in a new clippers in the coming weeks.
Old clippers is working ok, but it is a corded clippers and doesn't lend itself too easily to in the crushes that we have at various sheds. We end up having to roll up an extension lead every time that we fill the crush with animals. It's not exactly convenient.

It's only a cheap chinese clippers that we will be buying. A rechargeable one. Probably the same make as the one that we have. Now the one that we have has a sheep shears head and does a good job clipping. I can get a similar one, but I see that a lot of the clippers that are for sale have horse clipper heads like the one in the picture below.

Which head does the best job on clipping cattle's backs and tails?

The sheep shears head is a good bit more expensive than the one in the picture below.

s-l1600.jpg
Horse clipper head is no good for handling dirt very prone to blocking the comb as it’s too fine . Sheep shears head is the only job for what you need it for . Stick up a link to it .

Rambo quickdraw

Have one of them here as well. Like ya say the battery lasts ages. Do all the dagger with it and its not awkward in your hand.lookes at them other ones but glad I went for the Rambo

Reactions: AYF
Horse clipper head is no good for handling dirt very prone to blocking the comb as it’s too fine . Sheep shears head is the only job for what you need it for . Stick up a link to it .

I can't justify big money on a clippers that will only be working for 2 or 3 hours a year when you add all its running time together. I did the deal on this clippers this morning from a company in the uk. £140 sterling. We will see how it goes. Most places are trying to sell 2 batteries, but 1 will be adequate for me. Basic bog standard thing, but should be better and faster than a corded clippers.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Are the cattle clippers with the leads a better job than the cordless ones ?

Not for me anyway. The cord is awkward for clipping a full crush of cattle. I don't see it as safe clipping with a corded machine in muck or if it was raining. Cordless can be used anywhere.

Not for me anyway. The cord is awkward for clipping a full crush of cattle. I don't see it as safe clipping with a corded machine in muck or if it was raining. Cordless can be used anywhere.
Plug in clippers here, but we re set up with waterproof plugs and no cattle access the area where the operator and cable are. I can see the attraction of battery operated as it'll work anywhere.

I have one of the corded ones, came with a three pin square plug which i cut off and put a blue plug in instead. Was not impressed when i saw it had no earth. 240v held in hand with no earth to me is dangerous. Also length of cord is not long enough for me. I bought this on the black Friday sale a few hours ago to solve my problem. The guy who freeze brands for me uses one and looks impressive.

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/shop/product/Heiniger-Xplorer-Clipper---Cordless-10-8V/9083253

I have one of the corded ones, came with a three pin square plug which i cut off and put a blue plug in instead. Was not impressed when i saw it had no earth. 240v held in hand with no earth to me is dangerous. Also length of cord is not long enough for me. I bought this on the black Friday sale a few hours ago to solve my problem. The guy who freeze brands for me uses one and looks impressive.

https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/shop/product/Heiniger-Xplorer-Clipper---Cordless-10-8V/9083253
Very few if any hand held tools have an earth wire . That clippers is a fine comb clippers great for tight clipping cattle not good for dirty tails or backs

No leads to worry about big plus with cordless. Down side of cordless is odd style batteries and hard to find replacements for lesser known brands .
Work bought a cordless from Connaught Agri works well . Charger died after 13 months . They wanted €95 for a new charger . Clippers Ireland sell a different brand battery clipper. Only visible difference is the sticker on the side €35 delivered (I think ) for there charger . Chargers look identical have one ordered so time will tell if it’s the same .

I have the same one as I need to use it on the out farm, only use it on the backline, had to get new cutters for it this year as it refused to work and I wouldn't have said the old ones were blunt but a new set and away it went, they have got dear, mine was €450 four years ago.

I have the same one as I need to use it on the out farm, only use it on the backline, had to get new cutters for it this year as it refused to work and I wouldn't have said the old ones were blunt but a new set and away it went, they have got dear, mine was €450 four years ago.
Cattle hair hammer clippers very fast.
We use a Rambo Quickdraw with sheep combs and cutters.
When I'm cleaning fat cattle I give them a squirt of oil each side of the beast, even then they are dry by the time I'm finished. It's because cattle hair has very little oil. Wool has grease that keeps the machine running.

I'm like an endless reckord, but if you want a lot of use then Rambo Quickdraw is the job. Best of both worlds. Power of corded with long battery life. And very easy in hand.

70 cattle clipped on the first charge of the clippers that I bought and pictured above. Have the battery charging in the kitchen tonight. 70 more cattle and it will have all done that it has to do this year.

Reactions: AYF
Back