tail and back clippers

70 cattle clipped on the first charge of the clippers that I bought and pictured above. Have the battery charging in the kitchen tonight. 70 more cattle and it will have all done that it has to do this year.
Might go the same route as yourself. Only thing with battery clippers will the battery last from being idle.hard to bate the power of a corded machine

Last edited:
Thats true ford76. Like I had a cordless one and the charger went after 12 months then 1 of the battries went and after another 12 months the 2nd batterie went and there is no replacement ones to be got so they are expensive to keep them going ...

Just be careful where you charge batteries Lads, only heard the other night about some poor sod whose house was burnt to the ground couple of weeks ago....turns out the fire was started by a phone left on a charger.

I can't justify big money on a clippers that will only be working for 2 or 3 hours a year when you add all its running time together. I did the deal on this clippers this morning from a company in the uk. £140 sterling. We will see how it goes. Most places are trying to sell 2 batteries, but 1 will be adequate for me. Basic bog standard thing, but should be better and faster than a corded clippers.

N

s-l1600.jpg

Would you have link for that clippers.my electric one packed in yesterday.

20191208_222833.jpg

Any 1 have experience with this make of cordless clippers ?
Or the 2nd picture is an electic 1 ?

Attachments

• 20191208_223024.jpg
    20191208_223024.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 41
dragging this thread back up

clipping cattle's back when housed

worth it or not?

i might do a experiment, run all mine over the scales and clip every other animal
in 3 weeks weigh the clipped and get a average dwg then weigh the hairy and see if any difference:huh:

I can't justify big money on a clippers that will only be working for 2 or 3 hours a year when you add all its running time together. I did the deal on this clippers this morning from a company in the uk. £140 sterling. We will see how it goes. Most places are trying to sell 2 batteries, but 1 will be adequate for me. Basic bog standard thing, but should be better and faster than a corded clippers.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
i did see that 1 when looking the other day but got 1 of these

neighbour has similar and seems ok

I have the same one, it's not fantastic and I wouldn't recommend it unless you have small numbers to do or do them in batches. There are better ones out there, I use the jakoti manual clippers exclusively now to be perfectly honest

I have the same one, it's not fantastic and I wouldn't recommend it unless you have small numbers to do or do them in batches. There are better ones out there, I use the jakoti manual clippers exclusively now to be perfectly honest
i got it with a coarse comb to use on the cattle:undecided:

That’s identical to the one in work bar the name . Clippers Ireland sell the same one again just a different name on it . Fine clippers keep a sharp blade and comb on it and it should clip a lot of stock no hassle.

What type of blades would be the best for cattle backs and tails . Got a new clipper wit sheep shearing head and didn’t think it worked great on the cattle backs

Sent my clippers to Clippers Ireland for repair last Friday. Got it back today working perfectly. Delighted with the service. They rang me and emailed me to tell me it was fixed on Thursday and to say it would be in the post the next day. Thanks for the recommendation @massey 6480

Sent my clippers to Clippers Ireland for repair last Friday. Got it back today working perfectly. Delighted with the service. They rang me and emailed me to tell me it was fixed on Thursday and to say it would be in the post the next day. Thanks for the recommendation @massey 6480
Do they do motor replacements etc.have a liscop 3000 12 months and she gave up the will to survive

Do they do motor replacements etc.have a liscop 3000 12 months and she gave up the will to survive
I don't know to be honest. On the website it said they only do ergo pro which is the one they sell. So I rang them to see and they said the one I have is similar to the one they stock and to send my one on and they would look at it. A liscop is a considerably better clippers than what I sent down.

I don't know to be honest. On the website it said they only do ergo pro which is the one they sell. So I rang them to see and they said the one I have is similar to the one they stock and to send my one on and they would look at it. A liscop is a considerably better clippers than what I sent down.
Christ I don't know.another dairy man a few mile away had same bother with it.tails and freezebrands done 3 to 4 times a year

Back