Takeuchi TB145 Tracks

daraghoc

I have a 2006 TB145 which will need new rubber tracks. Tracks on machine are 400x72.5x72 ie. 72 links. Most vendors list 400x72.5x74 (74 links) as the correct size for the TB 145 and it is much easier to source and get a good deal on the 74 link tracks. I'm a total newbie to these machine but love the 145 btw, just wondering if I need to source 72 link tracks or would the 74 link ones work ok?

I have a 2006 TB145 which will need new rubber tracks. Tracks on machine are 400x72.5x72 ie. 72 links. Most vendors list 400x72.5x74 (74 links) as the correct size for the TB 145 and it is much easier to source and get a good deal on the 74 link tracks. I'm a total newbie to these machine but love the 145 btw, just wondering if I need to source 72 link tracks or would the 74 link ones work ok?

Welcome to the forum.
I know less than yourself about track chains , but ,
Would it be possible that your old chains had stretched a lot , and because of that , had a link removed ?
I was talking to a friends lately who has an 8 ton Yanmar . It was on rubber tracks since before he bought it , which needed replacing recently . He was told that size of digger was borderline for rubber tracks , and also , that he could convert to steel for much smaller money .

Welcome to the forum.
I know less than yourself about track chains , but ,
Would it be possible that your old chains had stretched a lot , and because of that , had a link removed ?
I was talking to a friends lately who has an 8 ton Yanmar . It was on rubber tracks since before he bought it , which needed replacing recently . He was told that size of digger was borderline for rubber tracks , and also , that he could convert to steel for much smaller money .
Unless I am very much mistaken, all rubber tracks are a one piece affair.
@daraghoc I would talk to https://astrakgroup.ie/products/undercarriage/rubber-pads/
They are very good to deal with and should know the correct track for the machine, its possible the last owner put on the wrong tracks. but 2 links is quite a difference and may mean your track tensioners might not get 74 tight enough, especially when wear sets in in time.

Last edited:
I changed mine recently on a tb145 and it was 74 i guess you might get smaller track on it but I’d say it would be a struggle. IFM dunleer

I don’t think a 400x72.5x72 is that uncommon.iv bought 2 or 3 sets over the years,
Hitachi ex40 and zaxis 50 have that track,
Try https://www.msplantspares.ie/ for them,thats where i got mine

Thanks for replies folks. 74 defo seem to be the more popular size for this machine but will probably stick to 72 Link when chainging. Astrakgroup stock the 72 link version. Its tracks perfectly at the moment and as for being a "grey market" model ... I've no idea. Was a done deal job and I was very happy with the chap I dealt with. Its in very good order though a bit of play in the kingpost which is to be expected. I was almost a year searching for a clean example of a 4 to 6 ton machine! ... they seem to be like hens teeth.

19 teeth on sprocket
1800mm is length of carrier
If that helps

Bought one here last year too after looking for long time. Lovely wee dogger some play on king post as well but not enough to justify a strip down. I think it’s a fair bit of work just keep well greased

Attachments

• B769E5CA-A7B5-47B7-A756-2B586C51FE7C.jpeg
    B769E5CA-A7B5-47B7-A756-2B586C51FE7C.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: jpt
Unless I am very much mistaken, all rubber tracks are a one piece affair.
@daraghoc I would talk to https://astrakgroup.ie/products/undercarriage/rubber-pads/
They are very good to deal with and should know the correct track for the machine, its possible the last owner put on the wrong tracks. but 2 links is quite a difference and may mean your track tensioners might not get 74 tight enough, especially when wear sets in in time.
Unless they are rubber blocks on links? See a lot of bigger machines with rubber block tracks.

Reason I wonder is I wouldn't talk about links when describing rubber band tracks. But I know very little about tracks so stand to be corrected!

Back