tanco round bale splitter, no more need to get out to take off the wrap or net any mo

Be safer and cheaper to jump off and use your penknife i reckon :yes:

i feed round about 450 bales here a winter, its a lot of work with the penknife!,
ive also slit my finger and hand on more than one occasion.

also because my bales are chopped so fine i cant take off the net til they are in situ, which makes for a double stint with the knife!.
i seen one at a dealers on fri last, i rang him there now,
2850euro+vat, thats with euro brackets and pipes.

he is having demonstrations round ireland next week,
see details on page 14 (top left corner) of IFJ classifieds.
the dealer beside me is havin one on thursday the 10th.:001_smile:

the best way is a pit and avoid bales i hate the feckers,that said we have a pit and still make a 1000 bales a year:sad::thumbdown:

i have pits here alright, i have five of them even for a small farm,
ive converted 2 of them and will hopefully do another two in the spring, (put on roofs that is),
i couldnt just get the quality out of the pit silage,
i feed no meal to the suck cows, only to the calves.
the cows do well enuf on the bale silage alone,
for me there was day n night in the quality,
most of the contractors have precision chop harvesters and after trying it one year the cows were always hungry i found.
it kinda run through them.

i didnt fanck takin off the wrap bales either, but it beats strippin the pit!!.
the baled silage lasts longer for me, and is more suited to this countryside, nearly all the farmers round here, big n small make bales now, some with new pits even, with the exception of a few, who still make the pit silage.
but they are a minority now.

i cant understand why you cannot get pit and bales to the same quality
surly same grass/sunshine/conditions would have very similar results

funny enough that was an argument i had with speedy,he was banging on about sp and precision chop i told him we run an sh 40 with half the knives as a longer chop is better for suckler cattles guts.of course he told me i was an idiot and he knew more about making quality silage than anyone on the planet:001_rolleyes:

funny enough that was an argument i had with speedy,he was banging on about sp and precision chop i told him we run an sh 40 with half the knives as a longer chop is better for suckler cattles guts.of course he told me i was an idiot and he knew more about making quality silage than anyone on the planet:001_rolleyes:

ummmm, and ya know the rest:lol::lol:

the only difference can be chop lenght
because crap grass wont make quality whether its bales or pit
when im chopping grass(1905) il alter the feedrollers speed to suit the DM as drier grass needs to be shorter

i cant understand why you cannot get pit and bales to the same quality
surly same grass/sunshine/conditions would have very similar results

them being the two operative words!!,

thats the problem here, damn all days that dry,
we cut 1-2 days of work ahead of us, so no big outlay of grass, in case the weather goes sour as it tends to do all too regurlary these last few years.
my land is tender in the wet times and a contractor would plough the life out of it,
with my own outfit i can rake up the wet parts as i see fit, and rarely damage the ground.
its just more simple than pit silage, and bales costs the same if not even less than a precision chop job.
and no outlay on a pit for those who dont have one.
simples.

them being the two operative words!!,

thats the problem here, damn all days that dry,
we cut 1-2 days of work ahead of us, so no big outlay of grass, in case the weather goes sour as it tends to do all too regurlary these last few years.
my land is tender in the wet times and a contractor would plough the life out of it,
with my own outfit i can rake up the wet parts as i see fit, and rarely damage the ground.
its just more simple than pit silage, and bales costs the same if not even less than a precision chop job.
and no outlay on a pit for those who dont have one.
simples.
round here that would be opposite
not sure on bale/wrap pricing but say Ă‚ÂŁ5/bale 10/acre average
whole job short cart with forager Ă‚ÂŁ42
these are contractor prices mind

if you got the time and patience to do your own with your own kit i can see your angle:001_smile:

i just dont like bales:no:

precision chop silage here is 90-120 an acre euro.
i can leave bales in my own yard stacked for 90 euro an acre.
when i say mine i mean that not all of my customers avail of the rake and so the bales per acre varies, but i do avg out 7 bales per acre of heavy first cut rye grass.
thats wilted, and app 85% chopped at 40mm.

round here that would be opposite
not sure on bale/wrap pricing but say Ă‚ÂŁ5/bale 10/acre average
whole job short cart with forager Ă‚ÂŁ42
these are contractor prices mind

if you got the time and patience to do your own with your own kit i can see your angle:001_smile:

i just dont like bales:no:

yup thats much the same here,the cheapest way to make silage is with your own trailed chopper.we make baled silage on rented ground that is too far away to cart chopped silage.but i hate every thing to do with baled silage.

yup thats much the same here,the cheapest way to make silage is with your own trailed chopper.we make baled silage on rented ground that is too far away to cart chopped silage.but i hate every thing to do with baled silage.

Dont mind the baling part but its all down hill after that.

lowloader_pic.jpg

We use one of these:thumbup1:

Brings 15 unstrapped(if not going on the road)

Think we can cram about 12 on the bottom then 5 on top in the middle or 10 bottom 4 ontop. Depends. We just strap the bottom and end bale. And they don't move. Lowloader are best for carting bales. We did a job and were doing a 60 mile round trip. They never shift. And the road was as rough as hell. One road was that steep my tractor couldn't pull or trailer with 24 bales on. That was in the t7050 had 4 wheel drive and diflock in managed to craw up the hill in crawler she were scrating like mad.

Tinman, what did you use to make the mini toplinks!

looks like two link ends welded together

bingo!.

just two cat 2 heads welded back to back, same for the links, just a lower lift arm end welded onto the box,
you can have 4 different settings on the lifters, either narow or wide for both of them.
the last photo is of the box used, it shouldnt crack or bend :lol:

i have two of them, but this slightly better in design, not that there is much designing on it mind you!,
my mate has the other one away at the mo.

Attachments

• DSCF4456.jpg
    DSCF4456.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF4455.jpg
    DSCF4455.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF4458.jpg
    DSCF4458.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF4459.jpg
    DSCF4459.jpg