Teat sprays

podge 23

What teat spray do lads find most effective for pre and post spraying ?
We are using hypred quick spray but are still getting a bit a fair bit of mastitis .

I was using chlorohexidine dip but went back to iodine (hypred concentrate) about 12 months since,if anything less mastitis but we’re using a lot of lime this winter.

Ark shield from joe Riley in Wexford works well for me. He has an excellent chlorine free detergent too

Stray electricity could be a issue too
Scc was high here all last spring, I thought it could have been stray electricity in my new shed. Milking machine man was out one day and I turned on the machine. Straight away he heard a problem with the pulsating. Scc dropped at the next collection.

Scc was high here all last spring, I thought it could have been stray electricity in my new shed. Milking machine man was out one day and I turned on the machine. Straight away he heard a problem with the pulsating. Scc dropped at the next collection.
As in, They weren't milking out fully?

As in, They weren't milking out fully?
If you get your machine tested it will show any shortfalls in your pulsators . Things to look at yourself is the pipework. If any of your rubberware is squeezed on a bend or cable tied make sure there is no restriction as that can effect your pulsation and in turn scc. When is the last time you changed your liners?

If you get your machine tested it will show any shortfalls in your pulsators . Things to look at yourself is the pipework. If any of your rubberware is squeezed on a bend or cable tied make sure there is no restriction as that can effect your pulsation and in turn scc. When is the last time you changed your liners?
Liners were changed in January

Ok and the arkshield stuff is better you reckon ?
Where you having problems before you started using it ?

Back