Tedder

jd66

Lads thinking of buying a 6 rotor tedder was looking at lely and krone. Any good or bad points about lely or krone? Thanks

Lads thinking of buying a 6 rotor tedder was looking at lely and krone. Any good or bad points about lely or krone? Thanks
Hooked tine of lely probably gives it edge. Malone is a cheaper version of lely and well built. Nearly built a bit too heavy for a 90hp 2wd

Hooked tine of lely probably gives it edge. Malone is a cheaper version of lely and well built. Nearly built a bit too heavy for a 90hp 2wd
Krone 6 rotor here love it bought new in 2014 does a great job lovely even spread no lumps had a kuhn 4 rotor before it good tedder as well only changed it as wanted to cover the ground a bit quicker as most lads we bale for wanted it tedded out .Would have bought another kuhn only it nearly baling season and there was a waiting time on kuhn and the krone was in stock both good tedded in my view

I thought Lely had discontinued manufacture of grass equipment, taken over by Agco who are using Fella designs for tedders afaik.

Maybe it is a used Lely the op is thinking on, they are making the Lely again in Fendt colours and they don't have a hooked tine but a unique Fendt performance tine:rolleyes2:

Kuhn here. 8 rotor though.
Now my advice whichever machine. More small rotors is better than less big rotors!

Uncle has the near enough same width machine as mine. But 6 rotor (also kuhn) and in my mind does not do as good a job!

Maybe it is a used Lely the op is thinking on, they are making the Lely again in Fendt colours and they don't have a hooked tine but a unique Fendt performance tine:rolleyes2:
It is a used one i should have said that in my post

It is a used one i should have said that in my post
Bought a 6 rotor Krone at a sale a few years, not the prettiest but does a good enough job, hasn't been any bother yet anyway. The hooked tine of the Lely is supposed to be better but I can't see anything wrong with the job the Krone does. Keeping the forward speed sensible is the key to tedding, some can't seem to go fast enough at the job!

Bought a 6 rotor Krone at a sale a few years, not the prettiest but does a good enough job, hasn't been any bother yet anyway. The hooked tine of the Lely is supposed to be better but I can't see anything wrong with the job the Krone does. Keeping the forward speed sensible is the key to tedding, some can't seem to go fast enough at the job!
And keep the RPM fffflat out!
Lots of people think tedders shouldn't go fflat out for some reason!

used a krone this year, after another lad used the same tedder to make a complete balls of turning silage. Had to rerun it all as it was all lumped, Slow and plenty RPM and it mad a grand job

I went from a 4 rotar lelly to a 6 rotar massey (previously fella) I prefer the straight tine than the hook. I have it since 2016 and it does about 500 acres a year, no trouble yet only tines will smash like hell if the wrong lad is on it. 11 000 is what I gave for it if I can remember right

I went from a 4 rotar lelly to a 6 rotar massey (previously fella) I prefer the straight tine than the hook. I have it since 2016 and it does about 500 acres a year, no trouble yet only tines will smash like hell if the wrong lad is on it. 11 000 is what I gave for it if I can remember right
If tines break. Make sure they are on the correct way round.
Discovered the dealers aprentice had done a royal F### up putting the tines on my uncles Kuhn the wrong way round.
Only found after had broken a LOT of them. Someone mentioned that theirs hadn' t broken one, and we knew they were rougher operators!!

First thig I did with mine was check all the tines. Found a few the wrong way! Dealer foreman wag giving out about the aprentice, told him it was his job to train the aprentice and check his work, so the buck stoped with him!
Wasn't pleased!

Kv 6 rotor here and cant fault it. I prefer the bog rotors over the small myself and rather straight tines over the hooked.

If tines break. Make sure they are on the correct way round.
Discovered the dealers aprentice had done a royal F### up putting the tines on my uncles Kuhn the wrong way round.
Only found after had broken a LOT of them. Someone mentioned that theirs hadn' t broken one, and we knew they were rougher operators!!

First thig I did with mine was check all the tines. Found a few the wrong way! Dealer foreman wag giving out about the aprentice, told him it was his job to train the aprentice and check his work, so the buck stoped with him!
Wasn't pleased!
Something similar here. Was losing tines but the bolts were breaking. All on the same rotor. After investigating it seemed the mechanic over tightened the bolts on the rotor and weakened them. Took 3 years for them to break tho.

Reactions: AYF
Anyone know if there’s a light and a heavy duty Class Volto. Was thinking about a 4 rotor one but was told some of them are lighter than others. Any opinions on them much appreciated. Thanks.

Anyone know if there’s a light and a heavy duty Class Volto. Was thinking about a 4 rotor one but was told some of them are lighter than others. Any opinions on them much appreciated. Thanks.
I believe theres two different grades of tines alright but have never heard of different types of tedder

Anyone know anything about pottinger tedders? Not for myself but friend of mine looking at a 2013 one in Dublin, I never heard of anyone with one

The older smaller Claas Volto tedders were a soft machine. They changed the design maybe four or five years ago with a different spreading pattern and they added a lot more metal. This was on a four rotor and I think the lighter six rotor

Thanks for the help lads. From a purely drying of the crop perspective, will a Tedder do a better job than a haybob? Also I sometimes scatter out straw with the haybob and then rake it in again to help drying if it gets very wet- is there any issues using a Tedder for straw? Apologies for all the questions.

Thanks for the help lads. From a purely drying of the crop perspective, will a Tedder do a better job than a haybob? Also I sometimes scatter out straw with the haybob and then rake it in again to help drying if it gets very wet- is there any issues using a Tedder for straw? Apologies for all the questions.
no issue in straw regularly tedd out damp straw it is dry in no time at all super job in my opinion

Talking Malone. Did any of those tedder / rake duel machines ever sell? Or was it just a marketing idea?

Back