Tedder

had a malone for 2 weeks at the hay last year we have an 8 rotor krone.the malone was great for kicking out heavy rows out of the mower.as the grass became hay we had a bit of bother with grass wrapping above the dish holding the tines between it and the gearbox.had a small fire one day.good simple tedder will look at a 6 rotor as a 2nd tedder

Anyone know anything about pottinger tedders? Not for myself but friend of mine looking at a 2013 one in Dublin, I never heard of anyone with one
Good strong sound tedder. number of them working in our area in recent years since local agent took them on.
considered buying the hit6.61 6rotor myself 2 years ago. price on it at the time was €8700 including vat. Price did go up since that though.
as mentioned earlier in thread it had a smaller diameter rotor. which was claimed worked better.

And keep the RPM fffflat out!
Lots of people think tedders shouldn't go fflat out for some reason!
I set the revs so the rows out of the tedder are all just touching.too much revs makes rows where the grass collides

Looking at a 2014 Class 4 rotor with oblique option. 3.5 k. Any opinions appreciated
Had a Claas Volto 800 here.. must say it was quite disappointing. not very strong with tine arms bending, tines breaking, clutch slipping and seemed to have too much movement between rotors allowing tine arms to clash.. Perhaps I just had a bad one but I certainly won't have another.
Malone I have now seems very good and the Lely it replaced was excellent.

Had a Claas Volto 800 here.. must say it was quite disappointing. not very strong with tine arms bending, tines breaking, clutch slipping and seemed to have too much movement between rotors allowing tine arms to clash.. Perhaps I just had a bad one but I certainly won't have another.
Do the volto 52s (4rotor) suffer the same problems? I'm between a 2nd hand volto 52 and a new Jarmet 4rotor at the min, both same money, any options which I'd be better off with?

Do the volto 52s (4rotor) suffer the same problems? I'm between a 2nd hand volto 52 and a new Jarmet 4rotor at the min, both same money, any options which I'd be better off with?
From memory the smaller Volto tedders like the 52 are not very strong. Claas changed the design in the last three or four years and beefed them up. Out of curiosity have you priced a SIP as they are now offered a cranked tine option.

I don't honestly know.. My volto 800 was a 2014 model and I was glad to see the back of it. I personally would look out for a good lely tedder if your looking a used ones. Have you not considered a new Malone 4 rotor ?

Bought new 800 last year has at least 5000 acres gone back through her still has original tines and not one hickup was amazed by it as I had a kvernerland 8576 before and spend 2500€ in tines on one season and time arms seared off for fun also sheared main hex shafts driving the rotors from the gearbox. would recommend the new volto to any farmer really can't fault the machine. My advice don't ever buy a second hand rake or tedder you really don't know how much work they have done

Bought new 800 last year has at least 5000 acres gone back through her still has original tines and not one hickup was amazed by it as I had a kvernerland 8576 before and spend 2500€ in tines on one season and time arms seared off for fun also sheared main hex shafts driving the rotors from the gearbox. would recommend the new volto to any farmer really can't fault the machine. My advice don't ever buy a second hand rake or tedder you really don't know how much work they have done
I guess you get good and bad with all makes and models, my Claas 800 was very poor and didn't last anywhere like the Lely we had with same work and same operators. My new Malone seems very strong and never broken a tine yet.

I'm pleased you'r happy with your Claas and hope it serves you well.

I've a kv 8576 here the last 5 years and never even lost a tine off it yet

have a kuhn 8 rotor and have lost a good few tines this yr. brother has a 4 rotor one and never lost a tine
Just started fitting a full set of tines to ours.
Nothing gone for 4 or 5 seasons, then last year lost half the tines! Or at least one side of half the tines!

Kuhn before it never lost one!

Anyone running a 9 metre tedder ? It would never bring 4 10 foots would it ? The 7.7 here brings 3 10’s with ease

No it won’t, fendt lotus 1020 in work will struggle to bring 4 swaths but that’s after the triple mowers with gps so no overlap but the krone triples are only 8.7m and leave the swaths fairly wide, if you were mowing with a single 10ft mower probably have more overlap and could leave the swaths a bit narrower you might get away with it, hard to beat having enough width with the Tedder to do a proper job and not leave streaks behind on the ground untouched you need to be hitting the swaths with 2 rotors evenly in each swath to make a good job without making lumps

Back