Tedder

Tmannion

Should i buy a lely lotus 520 or a new malone 4 rotor i will only be doing around 20 acres per year and the lely looks in serious condition

Thanks

Iv heard good things about the new Malone tedders, good few using them around here, we do a lot of tedding on hire with a massey tedder (originally fella) really like it much better than the lelly it replaced, I think the straight tines are a better job but that’s just my opinion

Iv heard good things about the new Malone tedders, good few using them around here, we do a lot of tedding on hire with a massey tedder (originally fella) really like it much better than the lelly it replaced, I think the straight tines are a better job but that’s just my opinion
Which Massey Tedder do u have? 4 or 6 rotor, probably change our tedder it’s a 4 rotor KV, was going to price a Massey good to hear ur happy with urs any problems with it.

Should i buy a lely lotus 520 or a new malone 4 rotor i will only be doing around 20 acres per year and the lely looks in serious condition

Thanks
If u buy a new malone for 20 acres a year I say if u look after it, it should see you out.

Thanks
For 20 acres there is no way I'd buy a new tedder, 3 hr's work if you take your time, go with the Lely if it is as you say in good condition.

Which Massey Tedder do u have? 4 or 6 rotor, probably change our tedder it’s a 4 rotor KV, was going to price a Massey good to hear ur happy with urs any problems with it.
It’s a 6 rotar td776 I think. It’s 2016 now and would be doing a nice shot most summers, I wouldn’t buy any other tedder only a massey one

Sorry to hijack the thread. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the kubota turners? Are they just a rebadged kverneland?

Isnt vicon in the pedigree, seen a kv 7.6metre and though it was a bit on the light side
Yes I think you're right. Lely were probably the dogs bol$%x but they were a fair price new. Wouldn't mind seeing a malone in the flesh.

Got this Malone 870 this year and am pleased with it so far. It has the hooked tines like the Lely Lotus 600 it replaced that really tear the grass apart and is a very well built strong tedder. I like the fact the tines are bolted solid directly to the tine arm, whereas the Lely has a spring latch arrangement to adjust tine position when tedding around field boundary's. On my Lely these got worn and sloppy with springs and pins breaking. The Malone also has hydraulic stabilisers that are very good and comes with a spare wheel which is very handy with the punctures we get here.

64889D8B-54B1-4BC6-A2BC-64ADC9C01C49.jpeg4BC4DFFD-C5D2-402B-BB1E-5288AE4BBEC2.jpegA0B5BB24-3D5F-405D-AF2F-D1FD0D39923D.jpeg830CA6FE-1AFF-4A2D-AE9D-208374D83BE6.jpeg

With a four rotor you will end up driving on the Swarts or you can drive over the Swarts but you won't get the max value outa the machine. Can the lelly be used to row in again? Malone looks a strong machine. we have a Khun here and it's light enough tbh and struggles on heavy crop

Thanks for that. I'll do more research into them so and how they compare to the competition
Sorry for the short reply. Local lad to me tedded some hay with a six-rotor Kverneland and even at a couple of years old the safety bars had cracked from fatigue. The heavier duty Kverneland has six tine arms per rotor the lower spec machine five.
@Reggie. have you a Kverneland tedder?

Anyone here operating a 6 rotor pottinger .have heard the krone can be lumpy.lad tedded 2nd cut for me and it wasnt alot better than a haybob but in fairness to him and the machine , it was getting late and he did say he would have to drive that bit quicker as he is a fireman also and was on call.

Anyone here operating a 6 rotor pottinger .have heard the krone can be lumpy.lad tedded 2nd cut for me and it wasnt alot better than a haybob but in fairness to him and the machine , it was getting late and he did say he would have to drive that bit quicker as he is a fireman also and was on call.
Any tedder can do a bad job in the hands of the wrong operator, had a lad in with a Lely a few years ago and he made lumps of 20 acres plus doing the fool on the headlands and doubling it up at the start of every run, needless to say he didn't get the job again and got paid half what he asked for, charging through it isn't the way, you have to give the machine time to tease out the crop.

Any tedder can do a bad job in the hands of the wrong operator, had a lad in with a Lely a few years ago and he made lumps of 20 acres plus doing the fool on the headlands and doubling it up at the start of every run, needless to say he didn't get the job again and got paid half what he asked for, charging through it isn't the way, you have to give the machine time to tease out the crop.
I find 7kph is the sweet spot

Sorry for the short reply. Local lad to me tedded some hay with a six-rotor Kverneland and even at a couple of years old the safety bars had cracked from fatigue. The heavier duty Kverneland has six tine arms per rotor the lower spec machine five.
@Reggie. have you a Kverneland tedder?
Yep. Pretty sure it's the HD model

Back