The €10k tractor...

id go with a zetor 7711 for value , MF290 for lasting valuation

depends which is your biggest priority , for a spend of 10k , i believe long term value is less important but thats only my single opinion

This was just under the JD advert on ebay

Looks to have had a date with the spray gun perhaps. But looks fresh outside

For 10k euro inc vat theres not a massive choice on the market currently.

I think a 290 or AP cabbed 6610 would be high on my shopping list if I was looking for something to get up on and work.

You should get a clean enough 885 too for the money.

Anything you buy at that money will be a lottery so to my mind parts availability and price are very important, and equally important is tyres. They've gotten so dammed expensive these days that a full set of new ones could be a significant proportion of the purchase price you're looking at.

The only downside to buying something like a Renault or deutz at this end of the market would be a fear around parts availability to keep going on a budget.

A quick scan of donedeal from 9 to 11k doest reveal many gems, I think this would nearly be my pick.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massy-ferguson-290/26284491

Infinite parts availability, all glass, tin and trim looks intact and a good set of tyres.

Excellent post and a very fair reflection of where the market is at the moment from what I have seen personally.

At this price range, most dealers won't have anything available at all and nearly won't want to see you coming. You really are at the mercy of a private sale then.

Also for the age, you are up against exporters and also at the stage where a tractor has found It's permanent home until he is terminally ill or completely retired.

Excellent post and a very fair reflection of where the market is at the moment from what I have seen personally.

At this price range, most dealers won't have anything available at all and nearly won't want to see you coming. You really are at the mercy of a private sale then.

Also for the age, you are up against exporters and also at the stage where a tractor has found It's permanent home until he is terminally ill or completely retired.

All dealers don't want the potential backlash of warranty issues of the older trade in type tractor thats worth 10 grand or less. They have a few Arthur Daley types who take that sort of stuff , OR , its put on a boat to Czech , Africa wherever.

Its harder its going to get , to find a "farmer type" tractor. Less and less sub 150 hp tractors being sold new.

All dealers don't want the potential backlash of warranty issues of the older trade in type tractor thats worth 10 grand or less. They have a few Arthur Daley types who take that sort of stuff , OR , its put on a boat to Czech , Africa wherever.

Its harder its going to get , to find a "farmer type" tractor. Less and less sub 150 hp tractors being sold new.

And a lot less of that type being sold in the UK too and that's before we even talk about the impact that Brexit will have on imports.

To be honest, you could say the same about 20k or less tractors too and as I said on here before a few weeks ago, I understand about cashflow for dealers but I sometimes think it is shortsighted considering they will get business from other smaller customers plus the spares that they may be buying.

Just my view.

As said i dont think u will find any tractor at a dealer, we resently did a deal with trading in the 6180 and have got a reasonable trade in price, not big money but not enough for me to try and sell privatly for more, dealer didnt even look at it, i just sent him picture and told him the problema nd the reason for us changing.

for tractors mentioned i think renault is really wortha look, cheap but reliable and unlikely to rot out.

I'm not too bad with spanners, I've rebuilt an engine, changed clutches etc and do electrical diagnosis. I tend to do most of my own mechanic work if I have the time.
Would you bide your time you'd pick up something modern for that money if you were to take a gamble.
61 series masseys often pop up for handy money with some electrical gremlins.
A cvx perhaps

Would you bide your time you'd pick up something modern for that money if you were to take a gamble.
61 series masseys often pop up for handy money with some electrical gremlins.
A cvx perhaps
I could, I'm not in any rush to buy.

There was a lad on some forum with a cvx 130 that he got very cheap and he was going to sell it with a good discount to the folks who ran the forum, such was his appreciation...

My dads on the lookout for a fresh tractor so sent me this link.

Seems the chap offered a 12months warranty and haulage in his email,I pointed out it was fraud and explained how they worked,looks like this chap lists them with odd model numbers,possibly to avoid the bona-fide dealers finding their tractors.

My dads on the lookout for a fresh tractor so sent me this link.

Seems the chap offered a 12months warranty and haulage in his email,I pointed out it was fraud and explained how they worked,looks like this chap lists them with odd model numbers,possibly to avoid the bona-fide dealers finding their tractors.
So that's why your missus was asking about them.

Back