The auction thread.

Why would anyone give that kind of money for that diet feeder? You can buy a new tub feeder with same or slightly bigger capacity for circa 20k.
logic goes out the window at an auction, if the 2 bidders were in the same room you,d have said they didn,t like each other but they were anonymous in this case

Our old vet once told a story about himself and his wife going to an estate auction ,If I remember right
logic goes out the window at an auction, if the 2 bidders were in the same room you,d have said they didn,t like each other but they were anonymous in this case

they wanted a shot gun for one of the sons . Even though they were sitting beside one another they each managed to run one another up to way more than they intended

I was at an auction years ago of a small slurry contractor selling out. A local man gave more than the price of a new one for an old agitator. I clearly remember it because we had just bought a new one. Ours is still going, his one is long gone.

I was at an auction years ago of a small slurry contractor selling out. A local man gave more than the price of a new one for an old agitator. I clearly remember it because we had just bought a new one. Ours is still going, his one is long gone.
Lads shouldn't bid unless they know the price of it new. Hard to judge what's value if you don't know that.

Lads shouldn't bid unless they know the price of it new. Hard to judge what's value if you don't know that.
To be honest I think that happens alot in everyday life as well. I was talking to a man who was going to buy a two year old jeep and I passed a remark as to what price a new one was? He didn't know, just assumed the new would be too expensive.

i spose thats auctions for ya. all the seller needs is 2 fools
Fixed that there for you.
There was an executors auction of land fairly close to here last year, the land wouldn't be of great quality, bordering on only being fit for planting at around 900 ft above sea level.
One of the lots was a 5 acre field. Two men in their late 60's/early 70's were bidding on it (I'll call them A & B for clarity) and up to this were good friends. A had a right of way through this 5 acres to get to a 2 acre field of his and B's land joined A's 2 acres.
At the drop of the hammer B was the highest bidder at iirc €84,000 and the 2 boyos fell out. If they had worked together no one would have bid against them and A could have bought the field and then sold his 2 acres to B for the equivalent per acre. One lad would be 3 acres up the other 2 acres up and still friends.

Iv noticed they know how to charge for stuff. But do they actually get their asking prices? There was another crowd i found before selling ex mod stuff that was more reasonable
I doubt they get it,I’ve emailed them in the past for prices and they’re way off,I never got round to asking for a deal so it works against them big time.
Jackson’s at bawtry used to sell lots of mod stuff and Warwick Wards would sometimes have shovels(our old ex army shovel came off them) I’ve an ex mod cherry picker and generator both came out of auctions.

He from upperside of enniskillen.40 mins from here.think there was alot of machinery bought , I mean alot in a very short space of time and maybe theres other reasons but it's his business.
I could name half a dozen in fermanagh that sold up more than once or twice and restarted again.
It's a tricky business
Screenshot_20210302-223419.jpg

Anyone ever hear of this auction crowd before? Seems like an ebay type thing?

Think I've seen them advertised on donedeal or somewhere. Know nothing about them. Seem to have a yard next to Merlin car auctions but i dont see any connection between the two companies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-09-20-44-07.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-09-20-44-07.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 53

Anyone ever hear of this auction crowd before? Seems like an ebay type thing?

Think I've seen them advertised on donedeal or somewhere. Know nothing about them. Seem to have a yard next to Merlin car auctions but i dont see any connection between the two companies.
In we’re gainly Craige used to be, probably the same crowd under a new name, been going a few years now I think

Back