The climate Bill.

So basically we are fu#ked if we do and fu#ked if we don't but the good powers that be will tax us anyway

Well one thing for sure about the Biogas it provides plenty of employment for people in agriculture. They used to tell me the emissions it produces are balanced by growing the crops to feed it in a minimum tillage way
I've ever understood that because all the carbon released from burning or even ploughing was taken from the air in the first place. We are carbon neutral in farming for the most part.

What is the reason for not harnessing tidal, is the scale of what would be needed too big, it would run 24/7/365.
It's still a research method atm, there's no commercial tidal energy supplies around that I've heard of anyway?

And it suffers from the same problems as offshore wind turbines, maintenance is problematic, anchorage is going to be a problem as is keeping shipping away from it.

At the end of the day, the only sure solution is a steady but swift reduction in fossil fuel use but nobody wants to compromise their lifestyle and habits and reduce their demands and living standards to the suitable levels needed.

Surely when two nuclear plants are compared to thousands of turbines, nuclear wins every time. The waste is the only issue but I see videos of thousands of wind turbine blades being buried in the past few weeks as they are not recyclable.
Ireland are at the forefront of stem cell design for medical devices and are seriously well regarded in the medical device industry for innovative solutions. Imagine if the same effort was pushed for nuclear, energy production wouldn’t be a problem

Surely when two nuclear plants are compared to thousands of turbines, nuclear wins every time. The waste is the only issue but I see videos of thousands of wind turbine blades being buried in the past few weeks as they are not recyclable.
Ireland are at the forefront of stem cell design for medical devices and are seriously well regarded in the medical device industry for innovative solutions. Imagine if the same effort was pushed for nuclear, energy production wouldn’t be a problem
But then they wouldn't have a reason to make use pay carbon tax. The life expectancy of modern nuclear power stations is currently nearing 100years. Build one twice the size we needed if all vehicles were electric and we would be sorted for along time

I suppose the issue with nuclear is it’s still resource dependant and will eventually run out no more than oil

But then they wouldn't have a reason to make use pay carbon tax. The life expectancy of modern nuclear power stations is currently nearing 100years. Build one twice the size we needed if all vehicles were electric and we would be sorted for along time
You need two independent plants to guarantee supply when maintenance/inspections is/are carried out, they will take a long time to build also. The tie up with France is probably the cheapest way of securing energy, two nuke plants on the island is the most secure way if going about it.

Just keep Harris away from any tendering process

I've ever understood that because all the carbon released from burning or even ploughing was taken from the air in the first place. We are carbon neutral in farming for the most part.
Apart from the diesel in your tractor and what ever is used to produce your fertiliser.

Wind turbines need very little wind to run them at full capacity.
I think there completely stupid.
They literally dug away a mountain to put them up near us,
Nuclear is the way to go.
How much waste does the big on in England produce every year?

Would be interesting to know that figure.
Be very interesting. The biggest contributor to the rise in CO2 emissions is us, the human population, a world of oxygen thieves compounded by our addiction to fossil fuels.
It took hundreds of thousands of years for the world population to grow to 1 billion – then in just another 200 years or so, it grew sevenfold. In 2011, the global population reached the 7 billion mark, and today, it stands at about 7.6 billion

Using low temperature differences on large enough scale could be the future. Yes the power output per million invested is lower than traditional power generation but it could be more steady than current renewables. Using the temperature difference between the deep ocean and surface could provide the world's power.

I read some info on AD plants last night specifically EU plans for them. The EU are well aware of the amount of energy that they produce. However, they see digestate replacing a huge proportion of EU Farmers Nitrogen requirements

My tuppence worth.

Methane and livestock didn’t cause this mess..burning fossil fuels did. It’s accepted that the quickest and most profound fix is to cut methane emissions. That’s fair enough. However if Apple, Amazon, Google etc had the same quick solution, you’d pay well for it..in fact you’d have to pay through the nose for it! Therefore if they want to cut the herd, then compensation in the order of CPO should be in line.
There’s an element of bullying about the way Gov, NGOs etc expect farmers to shoulder the brunt of the solution, without any recourse to mahoooosive compensation. That needs to change fast before any climate bill gets written into law. Time is now for the IFA to get going and earn their €€€.

Nuclear powerstations in a country that cant manage drinking water
just about sums it up, they won,t pay to upgrade the water system so they would definitely skimp on inspections and maintainance in a nuclear power plant, there,s an area around chernoble the size of ireland which is a wasteland and not a lot of farming being carried out

Back