The Ebay thread.

I trade in surplus buy job lots of parts and find new owners , would rather do this than work the spanners these days! Sorry no Listers

Leone75

Goodness, i bought a similar socket set to this but with more spanners included for £90 a few weeks ago

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300385592124&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

it's a nice set but i wouldn't want to give the best part of £300 for it

in other news i made a right balls up on ebay yesterday, i've been after a plasma cutter for ages and spotted this one,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160394123534&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

trying to be clever i stuck a snipe bid on it with goofbay's ebay sniper service, an automated service that bids automatically on your behalf a few seconds from the end of the auction.

Anyway, by chance i came in and checked my email which had a message from goofbay saying that the snipe had failed, i looked at the auction to see how much it had made and found it was still running with 50 minutes to go, so i cancelled the snipe with goofbay and bid on it myself. Unfortunately i have two different accounts on ebay, and the snipe bid was on one account, and my manual bid was placed from my main selling account. the fault with the sniper was that it was putting the bid in an hour before the end of the auction, rather than a few seconds from the end, and even though i'd cancelled the snipe the bid had already been placed, so what i did was bid against myself, pushing the price up the my maximum bid. Bugger, if you look at the bid history you'll see that only my two accounts were bidding after £225, so i did myself out of £75 there.

Goodness, i bought a similar socket set to this but with more spanners included for £90 a few weeks ago

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300385592124&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

it's a nice set but i wouldn't want to give the best part of £300 for it

in other news i made a right balls up on ebay yesterday, i've been after a plasma cutter for ages and spotted this one,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160394123534&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

trying to be clever i stuck a snipe bid on it with goofbay's ebay sniper service, an automated service that bids automatically on your behalf a few seconds from the end of the auction.

Anyway, by chance i came in and checked my email which had a message from goofbay saying that the snipe had failed, i looked at the auction to see how much it had made and found it was still running with 50 minutes to go, so i cancelled the snipe with goofbay and bid on it myself. Unfortunately i have two different accounts on ebay, and the snipe bid was on one account, and my manual bid was placed from my main selling account. the fault with the sniper was that it was putting the bid in an hour before the end of the auction, rather than a few seconds from the end, and even though i'd cancelled the snipe the bid had already been placed, so what i did was bid against myself, pushing the price up the my maximum bid. Bugger, if you look at the bid history you'll see that only my two accounts were bidding after £225, so i did myself out of £75 there.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

oh well, you win some you lose some, i was really smug the other day because i needed a new timer for the water heater, i upgraded it to a 4KW one a few years ago and the electrice weren't up to it, it melted the switch and the electrician told me i needed a new timer as well, and it would cost £90, got a sangamo timer, which are apparently the rolls royce of timers brand new for £30 on ebay.

anyway, on a different note, anyone used one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190364340641&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

!BjPiTOgB2k~$(KGrHqIOKi4Er)

oh well, you win some you lose some, i was really smug the other day because i needed a new timer for the water heater, i upgraded it to a 4KW one a few years ago and the electrice weren't up to it, it melted the switch and the electrician told me i needed a new timer as well, and it would cost £90, got a sangamo timer, which are apparently the rolls royce of timers brand new for £30 on ebay.

anyway, on a different note, anyone used one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190364340641&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

!BjPiTOgB2k~$(KGrHqIOKi4Er)

Good in they day but would not give one house room this day and age

or you could cut your suit according to your cloth, as my grandfather used to say. not everyone can afford a new one.

A good s/h one £6000 up would get something better than a Collins T/Shift .

You would not see any farms around here with old shyt like that . Even the hard up types have handlers . probably a few of them old things in Co Durham

nowt wrong with that basil it will out last the later built handlers,like the original teleram was invincible but the rest were crap.but it will make a lot more than the current bid.

nowt wrong with that basil it will out last the later built handlers,like the original teleram was invincible but the rest were crap.but it will make a lot more than the current bid.

I saw a 2WD international based on like the one i've got at the moment make £2500 on there a few weeks back which i thought was enough money, though it was tidy. I gave £350 for mine 7 years ago and it's done some work, plenty good enough for loading and feeding round on a concrete yard, it's gettin tire now though and needs a major rebuild, cluch and engine plus a fault in the gear box. not really worth fixing but if i do it myself steady and shop round for the bits it would be a tidy machine again. then maybe use it up at my other farm as a back up machine.

The 2WD ones had a tendency to break in half due to a very poor design fault on the chassis but an equally simple modification can stop that by adding a couple of braces to stop the flexing.

I thought that one would be ok up to about £3500, it's still at £2900 with 3 hours to go so who knows.

It's supposed to be low hours but you can't read the clock in the picture of the dash, can't have done much though by the condition of it.

I've been hiring a 520 for a few jobs lately of a neighbour and obviously it's streets ahead, but it's alo £10K ahead in the price stakes. I can't help thinking that £500 on a decent low hours one of these might be a better buy than £600 on a fecked loadall. I've no experience of the ford based ones mind, i suppose porous blocks would be the biggest issue with this skid unit.

I saw a 2WD international based on like the one i've got at the moment make £2500 on there a few weeks back which i thought was enough money, though it was tidy. I gave £350 for mine 7 years ago and it's done some work, plenty good enough for loading and feeding round on a concrete yard, it's gettin tire now though and needs a major rebuild, cluch and engine plus a fault in the gear box. not really worth fixing but if i do it myself steady and shop round for the bits it would be a tidy machine again. then maybe use it up at my other farm as a back up machine.

The 2WD ones had a tendency to break in half due to a very poor design fault on the chassis but an equally simple modification can stop that by adding a couple of braces to stop the flexing.

I thought that one would be ok up to about £3500, it's still at £2900 with 3 hours to go so who knows.

It's supposed to be low hours but you can't read the clock in the picture of the dash, can't have done much though by the condition of it.

I've been hiring a 520 for a few jobs lately of a neighbour and obviously it's streets ahead, but it's alo £10K ahead in the price stakes. I can't help thinking that £500 on a decent low hours one of these might be a better buy than £600 on a fecked loadall. I've no experience of the ford based ones mind, i suppose porous blocks would be the biggest issue with this skid unit.

6610 engines i think

any loadal that moves and lifts is worth £5000 to the trade and thats for a pile of shyte.

That Teleshift would be a lot easier to run and repair than many other makes - engine and transmission components readily available both new and s/h. As to performance, they were just as capable a machine as any of the competition at the time - arguably, better manouverability than any. If I had the choice of that or a JCB of the same age I know which I would buy.

regards

:001_huh:£4712 pound for it,
was hardly you?.
it made sharp enuf money didnt it,
grumpy wasnt so far out:laugh:

It wasn't me at that money, i put it between £3500 and £4000 tops. The 9000 hours put me off but it did look like a tidy enough example for that. i tend to agree with ploughman1963 on this one, i'd rather have a tidy machine like this than a knackered jcb loadall for the same money.

I know I shouldnt start this but.....

You had a lucky escape basil they are utter crap

I know you are entitled to your opinion,but can you be more specific?

For me, the machine is built from well proven components from reputable manufacturers, (such as the skid unit coming from the Ford 555 backhoe loader), has similar power outputs and similar reach to all the other machines it was marketed against.
It has superior climbing abilities due to the larger front wheels rather than the equal sized wheels of its competitors.
It has superior visibilty, having a central driving position that means you have no rear corner blind spot and excellent view of the attachments.
It is as manouverable as anything else that was around at the time being rear wheel steer.
Very simple to work on and most spares readily available - what you couldnt buy could be made in a workshop vey simply.
Hydraulic rams are stock items not specials so easily replaced if damaged.

Downsides - cab was hot - and noisy if you opened the door to keep it cool. Electrical components were not the best quality (indicator switches etc) but are easily replaced with similar items - and because most functions were mechanically rather than electrically operated (shuttle, 4wd, spool functions, etc) this isnt a big issue anyway.
Paint quality - not the best.
Carriage locking - poor but easily replaced in a simple workshop.
Legally restricted to 18 mph as it is rear wheel steeer.
Doesn't have crab steer.

So, are we down to "I just dont like it cos its not the same colour as the one I drive"? :whistling:

regards

i concur with ploughman maybe not the most sophisticated machine and all the better for it,fairly bomb proof simple engineering:thumbup1:

It’s a step back in time . what’s the point when you can buy a Manitou or JCB for very little more money . Its like trying to farm with and old David brown or Leyland instead of a New Holland or J/D etc

I know I shouldnt start this but.....

You had a lucky escape basil they are utter crap

I know you are entitled to your opinion,but can you be more specific?

For me, the machine is built from well proven components from reputable manufacturers, (such as the skid unit coming from the Ford 555 backhoe loader), has similar power outputs and similar reach to all the other machines it was marketed against.
It has superior climbing abilities due to the larger front wheels rather than the equal sized wheels of its competitors.
It has superior visibilty, having a central driving position that means you have no rear corner blind spot and excellent view of the attachments.
It is as manouverable as anything else that was around at the time being rear wheel steer.
Very simple to work on and most spares readily available - what you couldnt buy could be made in a workshop vey simply.
Hydraulic rams are stock items not specials so easily replaced if damaged.

Downsides - cab was hot - and noisy if you opened the door to keep it cool. Electrical components were not the best quality (indicator switches etc) but are easily replaced with similar items - and because most functions were mechanically rather than electrically operated (shuttle, 4wd, spool functions, etc) this isnt a big issue anyway.
Paint quality - not the best.
Carriage locking - poor but easily replaced in a simple workshop.
Legally restricted to 18 mph as it is rear wheel steeer.
Doesn't have crab steer.

So, are we down to "I just dont like it cos its not the same colour as the one I drive"? :whistling:

regards

Ok here goes HA HA ive never owned one i have only ever seen one or two ! i have however had the miss fortune to own a ford 555 for about 6 years gutless junk imo and i will never ever own another , i knew a farmer/contractor who had one and he told me it was utter crap he did however have it a long time , it did have a fitter vist it most months ! and no one who worked for him liked driving it the fact there is hardly any about speaks volumes about how good they are ,the competition has wiped the floor with them for one reason only imo because they are better ! your list of downsides to me would be enough not to buy such a thing ,i am not biased as i do not own a telescopic handler and never have, i use a 3xc which is good but gutless ! it has 9900hrs onit and still as good as new im the only one what has ever driven it, a machines popularity speaks volumes in my opinion and they were not popular even in there hay day i think basil would be better to save a few more pounds and get a better machine , i could have been a right twat and told basil they were fantastic and encouraged him to go the extra mile and buy it but i kept out of it and was just trying to make him feel better about being outbidded , still think there shyt though and i will never own one but each to there own

Back