The Ebay thread.

HYDRAULIC RAM 2 WAY DOUBLE Acting..selling for a friend who purchased it to push around corners..any more questions or to view please phone or tx harry on 07854 051245

View attachment 73442
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fendt-Fa...565914?hash=item594188ae5a:g:UNwAAOSw~AFduz~D

Here for sale we have got a Fendt Farmer 309LSA Turbomatic tractor complete with a fendt loader. The tractor is nice and tidy and for the year is very straight and clean. It’s an A reg so approx 1984!! 40k turbomatic gear box. Starts and Runs well. It’s got a very good fendt self levelling loader with euro 8 headstock.
Do you want me to go and look at it for you?? :tongue:

There's obviously money to be made at machinery dealing even if the truth needs stretching a bit, i sold this trailer at our local collective sale back in December after upgrading a bit. Not pretty and needed several bits done, two tyres, brakes, hydraulic door didn't work and the floor was getting a bit thin, had £2k which was bit under what i thought but got it gone with no hassle and time wasters. Someone values it a lot different now anyway and it was a 10 tonner when it was here!! :sneaky2:

There's obviously money to be made at machinery dealing even if the truth needs stretching a bit, i sold this trailer at our local collective sale back in December after upgrading a bit. Not pretty and needed several bits done, two tyres, brakes, hydraulic door didn't work and the floor was getting a bit thin, had £2k which was bit under what i thought but got it gone with no hassle and time wasters. Someone values it a lot different now anyway and it was a 10 tonner when it was here!! :sneaky2:

From your description, they didnt do anything with it either!

Reported these to ebay when they were still active listings and they have let them run to the end and done nothing, i even wasted half an hour onto ebay live chat trying to explain why they were scammers, the guy on the chat agreed with me and told me they'd get them taken down and they're still up

It's bad enough these low life trying to steal honest people's money without ebay giving them a free pass to do it.

What's interesting is the type of stuff the scammers have chosen to 'sell', it's not really high end stuff but rather ordinary things that you wouldn't expect like old forklifts and lathes. They're using hijacked accounts so you get private accounts which have previously only sold a few odds and sods suddenly putting up 1500 classic cars and motorboats for sale. Or like the account i've linked to which has 250K of plant and machinery sold, the real owner of that account is going to have a shock when ebay try to draw £20K in ebay fees out of his paypal next month.

Another warning sign is the contact email in the description, the scam relies on getting people to make payment outside ebay, and of course if multiple people contact them via the email asking about the promised buy it now price, they can try and sell it to all of them.

Years ago i had some car panels for some obscure Japanese classic car for sale on there that i'd got from some auction or other and a lad sent me a message wanting to know more about them and so i sent him my phone number, anyway he only wanted the wings i was selling and not the bonnet so we agreed a price, i cancelled the auction and put the wings back on ebay at a buy it now for him, next day i get some american dude on the phone saying my ebay account was suspended for avoiding ebay fees, because they'd detected i'd sent the guy my phone number and then ended the auction. even though i'd just altered the listing and sold it through another listing, he wouldn't have it and they only let me back on when i'd promised not to be a naughty boy in future, I did point out that i'd reported scammers with a million pounds worth of active fraudulent listings on at a time and they'd ignored me, but when they thought wrongly that i was trying to diddle them out of two quid in ebay fees they'd got some bloke to ring me up from American and sort me out.

Back