The End Is Near

Tom

After the record wettest Oct we have had a perfect Nov weather .

Will finish soybeans this morning with 100 acres of corn yet to knock out and then it's over :thumbup:

I'll send some pictures of corn harvest next week that is if the forecast changes seems that we may have some showers coming .

Who knows we might luck out and missém now that'd be :001_cool:

Tom

we had the wettest august,but september and october were perfect.

hope it goes well for you Tom and you get finished ,
looking to see your pics when you get time:001_smile:

hope it goes well for you Tom and you get finished ,
looking to see your pics when you get time:001_smile:

Several days of rain :001_rolleyes: in the forecast for next week looks to be light so maybe it won't be too bad .

Tom how have your corn and soya come out yeild wise.

We have had another dam good year on corn. Soya got knocked back a bit. Open autumn looks like we can close things up in time for the snow.

Regards.

Tom how have your corn and soya come out yeild wise.

SJP the early planted soys did pretty well as I'm told however the later planted soybean yields were off quite a bit mid to high 20's bpa.

Just started corn Sat and it looks to be around 150 bpa

Tom

Tom our maize price is below 100 euro per tonne so not so good. In fact it is about half way to 50 Euro per tonne. Yeilds around 11 tonne per hectare. harvested all dry this year. Some at 12%

That yeild I have worked to 9,793 lbs per acre.

Soya looks to be around 3.5 tonne = 3,116 lbs per acre

Got a conversion tool Tom. For bushells please.

Thanks for the converter. Now as long as I remember Tom is talking acres and use the correct figure for that. Should be getting an answer.

:001_unsure:

Tom our maize price is below 100 euro per tonne so not so good. In fact it is about half way to 50 Euro per tonne. Yeilds around 11 tonne per hectare. harvested all dry this year. Some at 12%

That yeild I have worked to 9,793 lbs per acre.

Soya looks to be around 3.5 tonne = 3,116 lbs per acre

Got a conversion tool Tom. For bushells please.

9793 # Corn / Maize - 56 # = 174.88 Bu per acre

3116 # Soy - 60 # = 51.93 Bu per acre

I'd say you did pretty well at least by my standards .

Hope to finish by Saturday .

Tom

Tom are the yeilds about sort of typical ten year avearge. And what about price please. Just interesting to compare US mid west with black sea area Our maize crops are all doing well last couple of years. 3 years ago a drought was a disaster but prices doubled so back to same income really. Now the prices are lower than 10 year averages and costs are higher.

Do you grow any sunflower or rape or wheat.

Wheat here can go from 3 to 6 tonne roughly

Rape from 2 to near 5

Sunflower 1.5 to 3,5 all per ha.

Thanks.

Tom are the yeilds about sort of typical ten year avearge. And what about price please. Just interesting to compare US mid west with black sea area Our maize crops are all doing well last couple of years. 3 years ago a drought was a disaster but prices doubled so back to same income really. Now the prices are lower than 10 year averages and costs are higher.

Do you grow any sunflower or rape or wheat.

Wheat here can go from 3 to 6 tonne roughly

Rape from 2 to near 5

Sunflower 1.5 to 3,5 all per ha.

Thanks.

SJP Will get the prices next week haven't been keeping up with the markets just trying to finish getting the crops out of the fields.

Haven't grown any Sunflowers this year due to the late season and there hasn't been any rape grown here in this area .

I can make more income with high yields and low prices rather than low yields and high prices as a rule .

Tom

SJP Will get the prices next week haven't been keeping up with the markets just trying to finish getting the crops out of the fields.

Haven't grown any Sunflowers this year due to the late season and there hasn't been any rape grown here in this area .

I can make more income with high yields and low prices rather than low yields and high prices as a rule .

Tom

Tom

I know you is a darn long way from Quebec but see the snow is creeping in hope you get the stuff off before the snow hits.

sjp if you go to the pics section tom has posted pics of him finishing the harvest

Cash Prices

Just called the local elevator for per bushel cash quotes .

Corn $ 3.74

Beans $ 10.45

That price can be beat trucking it to different areas .

Tom

Back