The Farm Youtubers

Mike

I know there is a thread listing the various channels, but I figured that wasnt the place for comment on the content.

I thought Ifarms recent video was good, I felt he could have went a bit further regarding youtube related perks etc, but It was good nonetheless
Now I came across a new video a few minutes ago from another channel and stopped watching after 30 seconds because I didnt feel like watching an advertisement.
I'm sure its very hard for these lads to turn away freebies etc in return for advertising, and they deserve to get something back for the time they put in, but will viewers stay watching if the balance is tilted too much toward product placement and advertising?

I suppose at the end of the day everybody is in it to make money from advertising in some shape or form, maybe some are just more open about it than others. In saying that I rarely watch any of them so I wouldn't know who the biggest offenders are.

I take it that was another Irish Youtuber!!!....

You cannot blame lads for taking these offers given the time taken to film and more so edit pieces and it's a nice return out of their investment in GoPros too.

No matter what on the internet you'll have lads advertising their wares. You see it on here, some are very blatant, others much less so while I often think Bog Man must get a good few free nights out of Kelly's in Rosslare by now....

I take it that was another Irish Youtuber!!!....

You cannot blame lads for taking these offers given the time taken to film and more so edit pieces and it's a nice return out of their investment in GoPros too.

No matter what on the internet you'll have lads advertising their wares. You see it on here, some are very blatant, others much less so while I often think Bog Man must get a good few free nights out of Kelly's in Rosslare by now....
They charged me for cleaning the chaff out of the filters in the Hot tub .

I know there is a thread listing the various channels, but I figured that wasnt the place for comment on the content.

I thought Ifarms recent video was good, I felt he could have went a bit further regarding youtube related perks etc, but It was good nonetheless
Now I came across a new video a few minutes ago from another channel and stopped watching after 30 seconds because I didnt feel like watching an advertisement.
I'm sure its very hard for these lads to turn away freebies etc in return for advertising, and they deserve to get something back for the time they put in, but will viewers stay watching if the balance is tilted too much toward product placement and advertising?
It's what YouTube is now. A massive business built around advertising, both YouTube advertising and personal sponsorship

That's interesting.

I mean no disrespect but I'm amazed that such a small channel would be getting much approaches from companies.

Is it all Irish companies that offer you stuff or is it more random?

I know there's sweet f all from YouTube ads these days for creators so you'd want to be getting help of some sort.

Fair play to you and anyone else at it

That's interesting.

I mean no disrespect but I'm amazed that such a small channel would be getting much approaches from companies.

Is it all Irish companies that offer you stuff or is it more random?

I know there's sweet f all from YouTube ads these days for creators so you'd want to be getting help of some sort.

Fair play to you and anyone else at it
Ah I'm only on about small stuff lights and things off local motor factors

I enjoy farmer Phil, he shows the good and the bad. His father is very good on camera as well.
I have started watching him . It seems to be pressure all the time. I think the father is in his early fifties and it is starting to show.

Any one else watch farmer Phil ?
A lot of hardship there , no harm to him with the free bits here and there
I like his channel,

Watch it too, its warts and all and a bit of variety.

It also shows the true nature of most Irish farms with a high degree of family involvement.

Any one else watch farmer Phil ?
A lot of hardship there , no harm to him with the free bits here and there
I like his channel,

I watch most of his videos . I have met both him and Father Phil at a funeral. And Father Phil at Moynalty rally once . Mother Phil is a distant relative of my wife's. Father Phil is only 51.. Farmer Phil is surprisingly quiet in real life , well he was the once I met him .

I've previously said my bit about Adrian of Ifarmwefarm.

I watch most of his videos . I have met both him and Father Phil at a funeral. And Father Phil at Moynalty rally once . Mother Phil is a distant relative of my wife's. Father Phil is only 51.. Farmer Phil is surprisingly quiet in real life , well he was the once I met him .

I've previously said my bit about Adrian of Ifarmwefarm.
He looks a lot older than 51!! Very knowledgeable man around gear from the little I've seen of him.

I think some of phils best videos are actually the ones of them sitting round the table, recalling tales of old, in particular the one with father Phil and uncle going through the mowers over the years, reminds me of the chats you’d get into when finished up for a wet evening when at silage or something. And also the one of cleaning out the workshop when the father is going back on the stories of particular broken parts also gave me a bit of a laugh

Farmer Phil is excellent. Great variety. They seem to work savage hours. He could do with focusing on his diet and fitness though imo, he has put on a lot of timber in a few years.

IFarmwefarm can be good when hes not promoting something (rare).

Gerry6420 just seems to lack variety these days.

Can't blame any of them for getting what they can but too much and they will turn people off. And their product recommendations don't carry any weight when you know they've sold out

Farmer phil is good,plenty rooting and mullocking going on.
I can’t warm to that ifarm lad at all,just seems to be non stop hawking stuff in every video.

Farmer Phil shows it warts and all . To the oxsters in scutter. I like the uncle . He seems to be getting into it , now that his health seems to have improved.

Aye , and a little bit holier than thou .

I don't know how farmer Phil manages to keep pumping out videos like he does.
I dont watch many of them I even struggle to get my own out at times.
I'm always looking for feedback and opinions on my own channel tho I don't want it to go stale.
So anything different lads think should be done with it let me know.

I don't know how farmer Phil manages to keep pumping out videos like he does.
I dont watch many of them I even struggle to get my own out at times.
I'm always looking for feedback and opinions on my own channel tho I don't want it to go stale.
So anything different lads think should be done with it let me know.

One thing you could do.

Don't mention " Merch".

Ever.

Back