The grazing season

Lads were letting out cows in February and they wouldn't give them silage, now they have lots of grass and the fcukers are talking about bailing some of it

Idiots, my contractor has to spend a few hours getting his baler pulled out to make 20 bales for customer. I know where I would tell the customer. Do these lads want to be the talk for making shite silage so early ?

Grazing silage ground here that I couldn't bale last back end. Cows have the run of 70 acres day and night for nearly 3 weeks now. I'd say another week will clean it off. Will be late cutting silage but dont give a fook. None of grazing block grazed yet.

still have probably 33% of the total herd liveweight indoors, half of these will be slaughtered out of the sheds. for the rest im waiting for growth to pick up. started getting going over the last 4 days, but it looks a coldish week in store with a number of nights below freezing due in the early week. Hope to get on foliar N and trace elements early in the week, should have been done last week.

still have probably 33% of the total herd liveweight indoors, half of these will be slaughtered out of the sheds. for the rest im waiting for growth to pick up. started getting going over the last 4 days, but it looks a coldish week in store with a number of nights below freezing due in the early week. Hope to get on foliar N and trace elements early in the week, should have been done last week.
Do you get a response from trace elements on grass?

Do you get a response from trace elements on grass?
Works for me I suppose, probably spending close to €20 per ac on straights of traces. Just offset it by using less N. Also wouldnt be buying any mineral supplements for animals. Try it to be a cost neutral measure

Works for me I suppose, probably spending close to €20 per ac on straights of traces. Just offset it by using less N. Also wouldnt be buying any mineral supplements for animals. Try it to be a cost neutral measure
What trace elements do you use? Is it the cereal ones you put through the sprayer?

Fair play. The money ye lads make per year every year over the last say 5 years versus a Glanbia supplier would be a very interesting figure to see.

It’s amazing - just shows that bigger isn’t always better

Small and well managed is best. And that can apply to any business

The drop of rain has been a big help to grass here but its not growjng over the ditchs either. Aftergrass is very slow about coming back. Will fertiliser that was spread a couple of weeks ago respond now?

Gotta love the Twitter, many people that told us they were in drought last week, have lush fields of grass this week.

Got plenty of rain here, but growth hasnt done much yet. Will this NE wind ever piss off

Back