The grazing season

IMG_9077.jpg

Our inaugural grazing season rumbles on here. Made good progress through covers this week. Started drying off today so demand will drop from here. Another 12-14 days grazing if weather cooperates 🙏

A few clever ladies in the herd, going to get a few bundles of hot posts for next season to put manners on them.

We use the other type of plastic posts here, knitted some temporary wire down through the various sections of it and that stopped the messing.

We had a bullock here last year and he would loosen it first and then wrap the stake around his tongue and fire it :blush:

We use the other type of plastic posts here, knitted some temporary wire down through the various sections of it and that stopped the messing.

We had a bullock here last year and he would loosen it first and then wrap the stake around his tongue and fire it :blush:

I use the pigtails , driven down straight. If i had the lying like that , there would be a breakout in no time
I have one Pet/Pest of an incalf FR heifer who is hard to stop..

You should have sold that bullock to a circus , not the factory , @nashmach :cool:

I use the pigtails , driven down straight. If i had the lying like that , there would be a breakout in no time
I have one Pet/Pest of an incalf FR heifer who is hard to stop..

You should have sold that bullock to a circus , not the factory , @nashmach :cool:

I do the same with them. There's good power in the fence here so I don't usually have any problems . Although I moved a bunch of bullocks the other morning and one lad wasn't happy and cleared the wire and out through the hedge without touching it. I was in the house after eating the dinner and home and away was just starting and here the bullock was looking in the window at me. :taz:

I do the same with them. There's good power in the fence here so I don't usually have any problems . Although I moved a bunch of bullocks the other morning and one lad wasn't happy and cleared the wire and out through the hedge without touching it. I was in the house after eating the dinner and home and away was just starting and here the bullock was looking in the window at me. :taz:

You will always meet the odd wild one.
Jaysus , twud be terrible to have to drag yourself away from Away In A Home. :rolleyes:
It has to be on here when you are eating the dinner . A waste of electricity.
I gave years looking at " Last Of The Summer Wine " , and Fred Dibnah.

You will always meet the odd wild one.
Jaysus , twud be terrible to have to drag yourself away from Away In A Home. :rolleyes:
It has to be on here when you are eating the dinner . A waste of electricity.
I gave years looking at " Last Of The Summer Wine " , and Fred Dibnah.

What about Jessica? She was 95 the other day.

Did you not offer him the dessert 😁

i went to bring the last 6 heifers home today and the f*****rs wouldn,t come out of the field :taz:

That problem didn't occur with me .
They were up the field a fair distance , but the wind was blowing in their direction , and they ran down the field , leaving a large footprint every step of the way .
They weren't hungry but not content .
A good bit of ground to grow grass , but springs everywhere . Gets quite wet .
The tracks by the jeep photo was taken at the other lower side of that field a couple of weeks ago.
20201026_170449.jpg

I've only a handful of a few small ones out at the minute and they didn't know where to stand by the looks of things. At least it was not as bad as Wednesday.
Last of mine went in yesterday, all grazed out pretty well but down the 12 acres that I reseeded, didn't manage to graze it as the weather didn't play ball, nice cover on it now and hoping to get yearlings on it end of Feb or early March.

Back