the journal this week

Well said! A hard pressure plate in Tw could leave life long back trouble or knee problems. The more wear and work they had done, the easier they were to find gear without clutching!
Ours was so worn you just stirred the gear lever until you heard a suitable sound and let up the clutch to see which direction and how fast you were moving.
We were eventually forced to do the gearbox in the TW a few years ago . A selector had broken . He said he had never seen so much wear and it took a lot of rebuilding and some parts are gone scarce.

I personally thought that a 7700 looked a lot better with the front axle fitted the other way , as in back .
A lovely tractor , in their day .

Theres a 7700 near me that did 10000hrs on its original engine, that was replaced by a TW25 engine that did 15000hrs, that was replaced by another TW25 engine that did another 15000hrs and now it's on an 8340 engine with another 8000hrs on it.

Its getting close to 50,000hrs and the back end has never been touched

Theres a 7700 near me that did 10000hrs on its original engine, that was replaced by a TW25 engine that did 15000hrs, that was replaced by another TW25 engine that did another 15000hrs and now it's on an 8340 engine with another 8000hrs on it.

Its getting close to 50,000hrs and the back end has never been touched
Our Ford. 7700 is on the power washer and I think it is like the Top Gear Toyota and could be put on top of The Sugar Factory lime kiln and blown up and it would still be running . It has a series 111 engine in it.

There were one or two 8100 2wd around here back in the day, I never drove one but it can’t have been hard to do a wheelie in one.

There were one or two 8100 2wd around here back in the day, I never drove one but it can’t have been hard to do a wheelie in one.

There was an 8100 beside me from 1985 , for maybe 15 yrs . He bought it , because it was cheaper than a similar condition 7600 Q cab .
A big dead tractor . Ideal for a hedgecutter , or maybe low loader/dump trailer.

There was an 8100 beside me from 1985 , for maybe 15 yrs . He bought it , because it was cheaper than a similar condition 7600 Q cab .
A big dead tractor . Ideal for a hedgecutter , or maybe low loader/dump trailer.
One locally too. He bought it with the intention of pulling a turf hopper but found that it didn't perform well once you went off the tar. It spent some time on a hedgecutter after that but it was awkward enough with a big turning circle. Low loader duty after that

About 15 years ago a farmer that I know offered his Ford 7910 2wd (in very good condition) for sale for €3500. The dealers didn't want it as a trade in because it was 2wd and the exporters would only give him €3000. I saw it the day after the exporters gave him the deposit. Possibly the cleanest 10 series Ford I had ever seen.

About 15 years ago a farmer that I know offered his Ford 7910 2wd (in very good condition) for sale for €3500. The dealers didn't want it as a trade in because it was 2wd and the exporters would only give him €3000. I saw it the day after the exporters gave him the deposit. Possibly the cleanest 10 series Ford I had ever seen.

If you'd offered the exporter 500 , we'll maybe a grand , on top of what they'd given for the deposit , you'd have got it . Making money is what they want .
It would still have been a cheap tractor .

Did that belong to my former landlord?? Michael F ?

I personally thought that a 7700 looked a lot better with the front axle fitted the other way , as in back .
A lovely tractor , in their day .
That was just a picture I robbed off the internet to illustrate the tractor.

@Bog Man 's former landlord did though have such a tractor but with the axle the other way. It was bough new in 1979 and I still have the registration number etched in my head. That was a king of the hill tractor around here in those days, while there were a few Q cabbed 7600's with the gear sticks in the middle there were no flat floored tractors.

We're 7910's a very small production run, maybe French market, very rare anyhow.

We're 7910's a very small production run, maybe French market, very rare anyhow.
Think I read somewhere that the 8210 replaced it, possibly it was an import from Holland originally. Think they were around 120 hp.

Back